17 replies to this topic

#16 GEF

GEF

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:05 AM

I got a couple of boxes during lunch to try out... the raspberry & tropical fruit flavors. They were majorly on sale at the Vitamin Shoppe... like 40% off! I added a packet of the raspberry vitamin packet to my iced tea.. and it was good!!! I'm feeling pretty good today anyway, but I'm definitely going to try them out on my "down" days too to see if they help.

In regards to cloud-head, I believe it to be like a mental-exhaustion... where you feel in la-la land and have trouble concentrating, fatigued and listless or giddy.. it feels as if your head is in the clouds. I'm sure if a doctor heard me describe those symptoms, they'd say it was depression... I guess you can say it sort of feels like that. I'm not prone to headaches, but could be experiencing some gluten and/or caffeine withdrawals?

Gretchen

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 brehm48

brehm48

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:47 PM

Hey Gretchen,
I'm glad you got some vitamins. I think they will help a lot. I ussually take two to four packets everyday. The extra vitamin-C helps ward off colds, and the vitamins help me have energy. Most of the flavors are good it just depends on what you like. I don't really like that mixed berry one with Calcium but I still use it cause it's the only flavor with a lot of calcium. I don't know if you noticed but they all have a little bit different vitamins in them. There is one that has Glucosamine & Chondroitin, these are really good for your joints. I know that I read on one of these forums that some celiacs have joint problems. Also there is one that has MSM which is suppost to help with energy. Here is a very interesting article on this web site about the benefits of MSM.
http://www.dmso2.com.../msm/index.html

:blink: About the cloudy head thing, I know what that feels like. I read in an article that the blood veins in your brain actually swell(ie bloating and swelling, leaky gut syndrome) up when you eat gluten and that is what causes ADD and Cloudy head. If I remember were I read the article I will post it.

Isn't it wonderful to have a day full of energy! If I had one majic wish it would be energy. :P
Rebecca
Sometimes I feel like conquering the world
Other times I want to stay in bed.
gluten-free Since Dec 2002
positive dietary challenge
still testing

#18 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:04 PM

Honestly, I think the cloudy-headedness is the opiate effect of the gluten when it hits the brain. It's just like high doses of codeine, which is also an opiate.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: