4 replies to this topic

#1 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:46 PM

On ABC's "Less Than Perfect" Andy Dick's character said, "Is there wheat in the cake, because I'm allergic." Hahaha, I thought it was funny.

I know there are people on here who don't have Celiacs but rather an allergy to wheat, so I thought'd I'd share!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:50 PM

First comics, now sitcoms. Looks like the mainstream is going to hear about us whether they want to or not!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#3 judy05

judy05

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:56 PM

My brother saw a program on Celiac recently. He lives in Delaware
so it would have been on a Philadelphia station. He was actually
telling me that a lot more people have it and are being diagnosed
a lot more than they used to be. I have been trying to get him tested
for months. Maybe it will finally sink in!!

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this,always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed on my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers-Helen Keller

Judy- Gluten Intolerant

#4 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 03:10 AM

;) i think a whole bunch of us should send emails to the daily talk shows like oprah and montel and request they do a show on celiacs--if there seems to be a lot of interest, then they may just do one--that would be so good for the general public to see--dont you think? deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#5 minibabe

minibabe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 06:17 AM

I think that would be a great idea to send emails to shows, for them to dedicate an entire show that would be amazing......alot of people are not aware of how severe the diease is. actually i was really not aware but now that i am seeing a nutritionist I def. think that I understand the diease alot better now. But we should def. try and do somthing along those lines . GREAT IDEA! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: