#16 Josephine

Josephine

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 04:41 AM

Debmidge,

I can really relate. Both of your experiences are so much like mine and my husband's. In time, as your husband's body recovers from the effects of long-term illness, he will feel better physically and he will be able to do some activities and hobbies that are interesting and rewarding to him.

I hope that he can tolerate the new medications and that they will help him feel better emotionally. Just prior to my diagnosis with Celiac, I was on Effexor, Wellbutrin and Remeron all at once and the addition of the Remeron was a huge mistake. I didn't shake but my legs and arms would jerk and twitch. It was really unpleasant. The Remeron gave me other, more serious, problems and I didn't take it for very long.

Kudos to you for working so hard and sticking by your husband when he was sick for so many years. My husband has done the same for me.

My being sick with undiagnosed Celiac cost us financially, too. We don't have a house, our car is horrible, and we're in debt up to our eyeballs.

I have to work really hard sometimes to focus on one day at a time and what I am able to do today. On a day when I am able to do the dishes or the laundry or some sewing, wow, that's a lot for me. I think of it as being in my own little sheltered workshop. (I think this reflects both my optimism and my discouragement at being "disabled" in a way.) I hope that my energy and stamina will continue to improve and I have no reason to think otherwise but it is a very slow process for me. I aged a lot in my thirties. This illness took a lot out of me because it was undiagnosed for 41 years. So, I focus on today and try not to think too far ahead into the future. Some days, that effort alone can take a lot of energy.

Take care.

Regards,
Josephine

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: