1 reply to this topic

#1 sherrylynn

sherrylynn

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

I looked on the package and did not see any gluten products on it. I went to the web site and they said if there was wheat in it they would list it per federal regulations. So I used it with a cup of biscuiqe for dregging some chicked. My stomach hurts now. I have not had "D" yet but I have been cramping like I might have tonight.

I just wondered if it is just my imagination, or has any one else had a problem with this product.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,769 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:11 AM

Although they appear to be good about labeling their products they do have this disclaimer on the website-

The HV Food Products Company is pleased to provide consumers with the most accurate information possible regarding our food products which are formulated to meet our strict manufacturing and safety standards. We know some consumers have highly sensitive digestive and immune systems and must avoid foods containing certain proteins and protein derivatives, including foods like wheat, spelt, kamut, rye, barley, and oats. When these ingredients are intentionally and directly added by The HV Food Products Company to our food products they are declared in the ingredient statement in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations and guidelines. However, it is possible that low levels of residual gluten may be transferred to the product if the product is manufactured in a facility that also manufactures gluten-containing products, or where residual gluten is in the ingredients we receive from our vendors and suppliers. Therefore, The HV Food Products Company is not able to guarantee that its Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® products are absolutely gluten free. We recommend that those with allergies, special dietary needs, intolerances, or other sensitivities examine product labels and ingredient listings carefully, and, if ever in doubt about a listed ingredient or description, that you consult with a physician regarding whether it is safe for you to consume the product. Persons experiencing reactions after consuming food products should consult a physician.

Whether it was the dressing that is bothering you or whether it was something else I don't know. Some of us do have other sensitivities that become more obvious after we have eliminated gluten. Dairy and soy were two that popped up for me after I went gluten free.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: