Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Omission Beer Offers Additional Details about Proprietary Brewing Process - EON: Enhanced Online News (press release)

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,477 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

Omission Beer Offers Additional Details about Proprietary Brewing Process
EON: Enhanced Online News (press release)
Brewed by Widmer Brothers Brewing in Portland, Ore., Omission beers have turned heads in the craft beer industry, celiac community and beyond. Committed to educating consumers about the beers brewed under the Omission brand, CB A is offering greater ...

View the full article
Scott Adams
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tom

tom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

Whoa! I guess I read too much into the name Omission!
I'm sure my mistake is common & I don't want to wantonly assign nefarious motives. (Only said I didn't want to, not that I wouldn't wonder)

Omission? They didn't omit any more gluteney beer ingredients than budweiser does. It's another barley malt beer claiming to be deglutened by process.
Doesn't the main gluten ppm test do poorly w/ hordein, the barley gluten analog to gliaden? Or maybe there's a newer test.

I was psyched that there was another oregon gluten-free beer, but w/ forum members comments on the spanish "deglutened" barley malt beer, I think I'll wait.
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#3 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

I agree with Tom, I think,.  I am a little cautious about it.  But it's been a while now.  So, has anyone tried the Omission beer?  Does anyone think it is ok or anyone have any issues with it?   I don't remember seeing it anywhere in my area.  I am not sure I'd try it if I found it tho.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#4 Takala

Takala

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

I don't drink beer, but I have super, super annoyed by waitstaff (who are trying to be helpful)  in restaurants offering me one of these fake "gluten free" beers, which are still made from gluten bearing ingredients, because they are ASSUMING that anyone with a gluten free diet requirement, who just asked for the gluten free menu and repeated that they need the entire order to be gluten free, can then just STILL have something made from gluten, aka malted barley, as long as it doesn't have too much of it, and has been processed.  It is the beer equivalent of picking the croutons off the salads...... :angry:  and it's not helpful to the overall quest to get safe food when eating out.  It is just something ELSE I have to memorize to avoid.      

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: