Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Waiting For Results From Enterolab

4 posts in this topic

I just did the stool test with Enterolab and I am waiting for my results tell me if I am the only one who has felt like this before....

--I am 24 years old and I have been sick for the last 10 years of my life, with the past two years being the worst. I have been to doctors and had tons of test run on me, They thought I had Lupus and so on....

--I just heard about celiac a few months ago and tried gluten-free to see if it would help me feel better and it did. Then I went off the diet for a few weeks to get tested my blood work came back negative. I then stayed on my gluten-free diet because it made a difference and now I am doing the enterolab.

--I am waiting for the results and part of me says yes please just say that this is what is wrong with me so I can get on with my life....

--The other part of me is saying please don't let this be what is wrong....

I guess I am scared that it will come back negative because all the other test that I have taken come back negative and after 10 years I almost expect it.

--I know someone has felt the way do, just wanting to know what is wrong with me.

thanks,

KayJay

Ads by Google:

Kayjay, I hope you have better luck with Enterolab. If you had been gluten free before your blood tests and were only on gluten for 2 weeks before testing, the results would definitely be skewed. I takes several months to rebuild the antibodies in the blood. Enterolab should give you better results. Count yourself very lucky if Celiac is what you have, that it's not something a lot more serious. This diet may be difficult at times but much better than the alternative of many things that could be wrong with you. Good luck. Shirley

Hi Kayla, Shirley is right, if you do have Celiac be thankful, there are far more serious things out there that you could have! At first going gluten-free can be overwhelming but it does get better, just hang in there! Stick around here and you will find out what foods are gluten-free and wonderful gluten-free recipes!!!! :D

Definitly I feel thankful if I only have Celiac I am 100% medicine free right now for the first time in years and I love it. I don't mind eating gluten-free I think it is healthier anyways. I just want to know what is wrong I self diagnoised myself and I am just nervous about if I was right. I want to be done with all the symptoms, testing and not knowing.

thanks, I love this website

tonight we are having Rice Pizza I have been craving pizza for weeks :)

thanks

Kayla

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Toblerone
      I don't eat chocolate often, but I have never had a gluten reaction to Toblerone. I trust it to be gluten-free.
    • So I've been glutened....
      I am so sorry for how your feeling.  I can sympathize; over time I notice I couldn't have any type of gluten free products.  I read that since you don't have villi in your small intestines you have no defenses, meaning even the tiniest bit of exposure causes a flare up.  I even have to be careful when I purchase products by reading the labels to ensure it says manufactured by a nut, soy, milk and wheat free facility.  Be very careful, unfortunately
    • Symptoms despite strict gluten-free -- new here
      I have been reading a lot about leak gut syndrome which is new to the medical community in the sense that they don't know how to manage it.  If (you are female) make sure to do a yearly pap and uterine check to ensure there is no issues there.  If you are not a female then definitely confirm with an endoscopy if your small intestines are still damaged.  I am looking into doing the leaky gut diet to see if it will help, the book I am reading is "Eat Dirt" by Dr Josh Axe.  Especially since I notice anytime I am exposed to gluten by accident my symptoms are worse each and every time.  I know get severe back and rib cage pain, with bloating, gurgling and diarrhea with severe nausea.  I am willing to try anything and I am now reading this book and applying the diet to see if I can heal my intestinal lining.
    • Help
      Ok so I had my colonoscopy & endoscopy last Thursday. Don't get results until July 13th as GI is on vacation. I've had bad pain in my lower left abdomen that wraps around to my lower back as well for the past 4 days..even hurts to touch lightly. Went back to the ER & they did an ultrasound & CT scan. The Doctor said that I have "prominent" lymph nodes in the area that is painful as well as thickening & inflammation of my Sigmond colon? Um ok what is that all about? Kind of freaking out over the whole swollen lymph nodes thing. Has anyone ever dealt with this before? 😒
    • Enormous Stool
      My 2 year old daughter has sufferd with extremely large stools for over a year. She will have a bm once or twice a week there has been blood sometimes i took her to the docs and they gave her some stool softner which didnt help they tried uping the dose which still didnt help and they told me it would eventually work which didnt she was then put on movicol which she was only supposed to get half a sachet still no diffrence i uped it to the the full sachet which helps a little she doesnt always have large stools but most of the time she does. She has got to a stage where she clenches and wont let it out because of how sore it is i try to put her on the toilet for it to come a little easier for her but she screams and will try hide herself in a corner and wont let you anywere near her it is heart breaking to watch her. If anyone has any in advice i would really like to hear.   Thanks.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Jmg  »  admin

Hello Admin!
      I don't know whether this is of interest to post on your articles feed:
      http://pratt.duke.edu/about/news/window-guts-brain
      Kind Regards,
      Matt
      · 2 replies
    • celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Fourpeople