3 replies to this topic

#1 KayJay

KayJay

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:36 AM

I just did the stool test with Enterolab and I am waiting for my results tell me if I am the only one who has felt like this before....
--I am 24 years old and I have been sick for the last 10 years of my life, with the past two years being the worst. I have been to doctors and had tons of test run on me, They thought I had Lupus and so on....
--I just heard about celiac a few months ago and tried gluten-free to see if it would help me feel better and it did. Then I went off the diet for a few weeks to get tested my blood work came back negative. I then stayed on my gluten-free diet because it made a difference and now I am doing the enterolab.

--I am waiting for the results and part of me says yes please just say that this is what is wrong with me so I can get on with my life....
--The other part of me is saying please don't let this be what is wrong....

I guess I am scared that it will come back negative because all the other test that I have taken come back negative and after 10 years I almost expect it.

--I know someone has felt the way do, just wanting to know what is wrong with me.
thanks,
KayJay
gluten-free since 2004!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_aramgard_*

Guest_aramgard_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2004 - 08:36 AM

Kayjay, I hope you have better luck with Enterolab. If you had been gluten free before your blood tests and were only on gluten for 2 weeks before testing, the results would definitely be skewed. I takes several months to rebuild the antibodies in the blood. Enterolab should give you better results. Count yourself very lucky if Celiac is what you have, that it's not something a lot more serious. This diet may be difficult at times but much better than the alternative of many things that could be wrong with you. Good luck. Shirley

#3 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:25 AM

Hi Kayla, Shirley is right, if you do have Celiac be thankful, there are far more serious things out there that you could have! At first going gluten-free can be overwhelming but it does get better, just hang in there! Stick around here and you will find out what foods are gluten-free and wonderful gluten-free recipes!!!! :D

#4 KayJay

KayJay

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:37 AM

Definitly I feel thankful if I only have Celiac I am 100% medicine free right now for the first time in years and I love it. I don't mind eating gluten-free I think it is healthier anyways. I just want to know what is wrong I self diagnoised myself and I am just nervous about if I was right. I want to be done with all the symptoms, testing and not knowing.
thanks, I love this website
tonight we are having Rice Pizza I have been craving pizza for weeks :)
thanks
Kayla
gluten-free since 2004!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: