3 replies to this topic

#1 123glldd

123glldd

Advanced Community Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

Is there any kind of really small soap pump that can be kept in a purse without oozing out over everything for when out of the house? I never know whether to trust bathroom soaps now....so I've been running water over my hands..spraying my hands with burts bees hand sanitizer...rubbing it in...rinsing off really well..then covering my hands again trying to make sure the bacteria is gone after using the washroom..it seems like a tad much...i don't like using JUST hand sanitizer and would prefer to use soap but i dunno about carrying bar soap around. I dunno..suggestions?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:56 AM

I've never worried about bathroom soap. Protein (like gluten) would go bad fairly quickly, and I don't think public bathrooms are interested in buying anything that could possibly go bad. If you really prefer your own soap, you could get a little travel bottle that closes tightly and put your favorite soap in it. When I travel I carry all my bottles in a ziplock baggie so even if there is some leakage it won't get over my stuff. Also makes it easier to find them in a crowded backpack.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#3 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

I don't use handsoap because I have long had reactions to some dyes and perfumes. Instead I simply wash my hands without using soap and follow up with sanitizer. I'll share a link I found about it, but basically if it's only germs an not dirt to worry about you're probably safer with sanitizer. (Because morning talk/news shows are super scientific.)

http://abcnews.go.co...tory?id=8941662

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4 DeniseNamaste

DeniseNamaste

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

Buy mini trial-sized Dr. Bronners soaps at Whole Foods and carry one with you. I do not have a gluten sensitivity, however I do want to avoid the chemicals in the soaps used everywhere in public. For hand sanitizer, EO products are gluten-free, also sold at Whole Foods, and contain the following ingredients: (I'll use their peppermint version as an example) http://www.ceceliasm...anitizer-spray/
Ingredients:
Organic Ethanol (Non-GMO)*, Purified Water, Organic Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) Essential Oil*, Vegetable Glycerin, Vitamin E, Organic Thyme Extract*. *Certified Organic (from EO site)
The ingredients are gluten-free and also non-toxic, which is equally important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: