2 replies to this topic

#1 Skittles

Skittles

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

First I want to apoloize for all of my typos. Some of te keys on my keyboard arent workin so omefully you uys can understand me lol. So I just started to eliminate nitsades from my diet. owever, do you tink it is okay to eat bread tat as some potato starc in it?
Diagnosed with celiac by blood test in the beginning of April 2012 and confirmed with endoscopy April 20th 2012.
Gluten free since May 2012 (for 5 months.. relapsed for about a month and have been gluten free again since Nov 2012)
Corn & corn syrup free since May 2012
Dairy limited since Aug 2012
Nightshades limited since Aug 2012

Fructose limited since Nov 2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

It is really best to eliminate all traces of a suspect food at first to let your body recover. Later on you can see if things like potato starch in bread cause a problem - it will be a lot clearer then. I have discovered (but only two years later) that I can now tolerate some potato starch in bread, but kick it all out to start with is my advice.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

I agree with the Shroomster. No bread or potato starch in anything. Kick it to the curb for a couple months and then eat potatoes every day for a week and see what happens. Remember peppers and tomatoes and eggplants are nightshade family plants also. They all have alkaloids that are not so good for a body. They use alkaloids as drugs in fact. Powerful stuff. Tobacco is a nightshade too. That's why they say not to eat the eyes of potatoes, bad for you they are. Yes

I tried re-introducing nightshades by eating gluten-free bread with potato starch a while back,. It didn't work out for me. That's the only nightshade I was eating. Plenty of it in bread to cause problems. You could try some corn tortillas or rice tortilas as a bread substitute.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: