Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Nightshades

3 posts in this topic

First I want to apoloize for all of my typos. Some of te keys on my keyboard arent workin so omefully you uys can understand me lol. So I just started to eliminate nitsades from my diet. owever, do you tink it is okay to eat bread tat as some potato starc in it?

Ads by Google:

It is really best to eliminate all traces of a suspect food at first to let your body recover. Later on you can see if things like potato starch in bread cause a problem - it will be a lot clearer then. I have discovered (but only two years later) that I can now tolerate some potato starch in bread, but kick it all out to start with is my advice.

I agree with the Shroomster. No bread or potato starch in anything. Kick it to the curb for a couple months and then eat potatoes every day for a week and see what happens. Remember peppers and tomatoes and eggplants are nightshade family plants also. They all have alkaloids that are not so good for a body. They use alkaloids as drugs in fact. Powerful stuff. Tobacco is a nightshade too. That's why they say not to eat the eyes of potatoes, bad for you they are. Yes

I tried re-introducing nightshades by eating gluten-free bread with potato starch a while back,. It didn't work out for me. That's the only nightshade I was eating. Plenty of it in bread to cause problems. You could try some corn tortillas or rice tortilas as a bread substitute.