2 replies to this topic

#1 KimT

KimT

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

I just wanted to let you know that I called today about the Men's Rogaine Easy-to-Use Foam (1 month's supply). The representative told me that it was gluten free and did not contain any products or ingredients who's products contained Oats, Wheat, Barley or Rye.

She checked on my specific box/lot #

Bar code: 3-12547-78130-5
Lot: 1442RD
EXP: 2014/02

I am not sure if this foam is a new product or if they have changed their ingredients from before. Either way I am a happy camper. :)

My doctor prescribed this to me for my hair loss (Celiac Dx in May 2012). I had to have 2 minor and 1 major surgery since then and my hair was falling out in clumps (not sure if it was stress from the medical trauma I was going through with my liver, from the surgeries, or from the gluten products I was using). At age 27 I had lost about 85% of my hair over 2 months or so. I just wish I knew I was going to loose so much because I would have cut it short and donate it. >.<

I've now switched to gluten free products for my skin and hair, and my liver issue is resolved. It seems to be that a "normal" amount is falling out now, but the doctor said this would speed things up for re-growth. She told me to use the men's for the kind of hair loss I had (I'm female).

Hope this helps.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,743 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Have you seen a dermatologist? Your doctor should not have told you to use this product.

http://shop.rogaine....scented foam.do

Use to regrow hair on the top of the scalp (vertex only, see pictures)

Warnings
For external use only. For use by men only.
Extremely Flammable: Avoid fire, flame, or smoking during and immediately following application.

Do not use if
you are a woman
•your amount of hair loss is different than that shown below or your hair loss is on the front of the scalp. 5% minoxidil topical foam is not intended for frontal baldness or receding hairline.
you have no family history of hair loss
•your hair loss is sudden and/or patchy
•you do not know the reason for your hair loss

•you are under 18 years of age. Do not use on babies and children.
•your scalp is red, inflamed, infected, irritated, or painful
•you use other medicines on the scalp
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,743 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Forgot to mention this in my reply. Something that may help with your hair loss is some extra biotin vitamins. There are also vitamins specifically formulated to help with hair loss.
A derm may also be able to prescribe something that may help and be safe for you to use. They do make Rogaine formulas for women but Rogaine is designed for pattern baldness but it doesn't sound like that is what you are experiencing and in most cases that is a genetic thing and when you stop the Rogaine the loss reoccurs.
It does take a long time, around 3 months or so, to see any regrowth. I know how distressing this is as I suffer a great amount of hair loss with any gluten or soy injestion.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: