Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Recovery From Neuropathy - Symptoms?

4 posts in this topic

I've been gluten free for about eight days now and am very excited about the immediate disappearance of many of the major digestive symptoms that I've lived with for years.

However, I've searched for any information on the symptoms of recovery from peripheral neuropathy and have found none.

I have noticed that my corns and calluses appear to be thinning and shrinking which is great. But I've also noticed a little bit of pins and needles sensations in my feet, especially the left one. (It does appear that the left side takes more of the brunt of celiac symptoms.)

Did anyone else notice any foot symptoms that could be attributed to recovery when they went gluten free?

Just weeks ago, while making sure to eat gluten pre-testing, I had the standard "cell phone vibration" in my left foot. Not good. I'm kind of hoping that these new tingles may be an indication that the nerves may be healing and not just a new symptom of the neuropathies themselves.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Ads by Google:

Hello

I have been gluten-free since September, and I noticed this week that I am no longer suffering from painful thickened skin on my feet.

I also suffered from plantar faciitus (pain in the tendons under the heel) and that disappeared a few weeks in. It comes back now if I get glutened.

Glad to hear you are getting some improvements, can't help on the tingling.

Most of my peripheral neuropathy disappeared after going gluten free (though it took a while). You can help things along by taking a good Vitamin B complex.

Celiac Mindwarp, if the tendon problems keep returning, it's possible that you're low in chelated manganese. It's cheap....and works really well for tendon health.

I took over six months for the feeling to come back to my hands, I never had

the buzzing, just lack of sensation.