Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Maybe Maybe Not I Don't Know

5 posts in this topic

Hi I'm new my big question is do I or dont I. I had big blood work done in sept. like 5,000$ in one bill this is a test for all kinds of things allergies Lyme ciliac and many others. In oct my results were back I have a wheat allergy and my TTG Igg was a 13 and my TTG Iga was a 14 the range is o-7 so he said I have ciliac and a wheat allergy. Stay away from wheat. That was it pay me now and bye. I have not had any gluten for the 3 months . He tested again just after Christmas I went yesterday. I have no wheat allergy now. duh it's from no wheat in my diet right? I also have been low vtiman D for years now 50,000 once per week for at least 3 years .and low fish oil 4 per day now found that out from another big $ cardiac blood work. And also low calcium now also two pills per day. Now he says I'm intolerant I have had symtoms for years 4 years ago went had endo and colonoscopy he said no ciliac. Told my doc I had been tested and they said no back then. My doc now said test is much more sensitive now. I think he can't keep his patients straight to many on his plate. I don't know I am or I'm not I have had to find everything out on my own no help from my doc . Thanks to people like you and the Internet I'm doing good with the gluten free.

Ads by Google:

Hi Mickey, and welcome. Glad to hear you have been reading, if not posting before.

If your doctor now says you are not celiac because you no longer test positive for it because you stopped eating gluten, he is an idjit. That is what is supposed to happen when you go gluten free -- your numbers go down because you stop making antibodies to things that are not present :D Good for you! You have done a good job! (I hope I am reading your post correctly) As for wheat allergy? Did he do the skin prick test again? Or how did he test for that? Did he retest your vitamin D and calcium?

I think it is pretty clear from your October results that you ARE celiac. Don't let anyone tell you you are not.

I have a wheat allergy, and after a year with no wheat I tested negative for a wheat allergy. They told me I could eat wheat again! So I did, I missed it alot. My symptoms became soo extreme. I stopped eating wheat again and asked about celiac, at the time I didn't understand much about it. I tested negative, but I am sure that is because I had already stopped eating wheat. I decided to go gluten free on my own about two years ago, and I would never go back, whether it is just an allergy or celiac, gluten is not for me. They did do an E95 basic food panel on me (which I believe is igg testing-like a delayed reaction) as well and my results were pretty obvious.

wheat--significant allergy-- 528 mine was 1227

gluten--significant allergy-- 363 mine was 1445

gliadin--significant allergy-- 594 mine was 1519

My dr. didn't really explain alot so I decided to become a google dr...

The allergy test was all blood it was for foods molds trees Lyme ciliac . Vit D was good in DEC

Fish oil just found out in DEC. calcium just found out DEC. I asked if vit levels were low because ciliac he said

He said no poor diet I'm not the only one a lot of people are low. Also cholesterol is on the low side like

159. He retested me for fish oil and calcium on wed. The blood work that was done one went to Virginia

And the other New Jersey they only take what insurance pays if the insurance doesn't pay you owe nothing

One is cardiac panel and the other is the allergy and other things. They take like a month for the results

to come back. One is like 5,000$ and the other 6,000 - 7,000 my doc has contract with them

Lots of people are low in vitamin D for several reasons: they use sunscreen all the time; they spend too much time in front of the computer and don't go out in the sun; they live in the northern latitudes where the suns rays are too slanted to create vitamin D; they don't get enough vitamin D from their foods because they eat the wrong foods; they don't get enough vitamin D from their foods because they have celiac disease. We don't know about any of the others, but we know from your September test results that you tested positive for celiac disease.

Lots of people also do not get enough of the Omega-3 (fish oil) fatty acids, EPA and DHA. You could probably say this about the entire American population because we eat too much of the Omega-6's, and these need to be kept in balance with the 3's.

Is your doctor a medical doctor, a chiropractor or a naturopath, or something else? Did he do the tests in September which came back positive for celiac, and if so what did he tell you about them then? Did he recommend a biopsy of your small intestine? Did he recommend you eat a gluten free diet?