arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Happy Valentine's Day To Those Whom Love Us....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

I am a very lucky girl. My honey has stood by my side...carried me when I could not walk and tonight brought me too many roses to count....he has never been big on floral displays in the past - yep he made me cry.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

He really is a honey. How lovely it is to be loved and apppreciated by someone for who you are and not for what you are able or unable to do. :wub: And you deserve those uncountable roses -- do not even try to quantify them!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

I'd say you are both very lucky, dear girl!! ;)Happy Val's Day.

I would tell you all about my sweet Irishman and all he has done for me, but I will instead, just point you to the Gluten Dude's blog in the coming days. My love letter to the hubs should show up there shortly.He is my "Anam Cara", a Celtic phrase meaning ( roughly) "my friend of the soul --one who always beholds your light and beauty and accepts you for who you truly are."

Yup, we've got ourselves some very good men. Enjoy your roses.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

Last year I purchased a special cake pan on the clearance shelf -- it creates a heat shaped hole to fill so that when sliced it creates an edible Valentine. Followed their suggestion for the filling even though I knew it could not possibly firm up -- yesterday was busy so I made the cake early in the morning and left it in the frig to firm up....

http://sphotos-a.xx....838044603_n.jpg

Then had a very tough day...ran home to pack up to slices for my parents -- and got the best laugh when I was right about the filling --- more often life is just plain messy and more fun!

http://sphotos-b.xx....527171027_n.jpg

Hope you all had a nice Valentines Day -- I completely understand those that could care less. The main reason I've never recieved red roses on valentine's day is my wonderful husband chose that particular day to break up with me 29 years ago -- I never much cared for the day after that - this year is different because I am finally finding health -- we celebrate everything!!!

Oh -- a friend of mine gave me a great idea -- use a funnel to shape rice crispie treats and wrap with foil -- huge "kisses" make great gifts -- everyone loved them...

http://sphotos-b.xx....579721145_n.jpg

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: