Celiac.com 10/20/2015 - Make a delicious, nutritious, colorful addition to any dinner with this delightful dish that happens to be both gluten-free and vegetarian. Red, orange, and yellow bell peppers are paired with baby bok choy and green onions in a dash of sesame oil.
- 1 tablespoon canola or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 large bell peppers, assorted colors, sliced, seeds and pod discarded
- 4 green onions, chopped, including greens
- 1 pound baby bok choy, trimmed, rinsed, and torn into smaller pieces
- ¼ cup roasted pine nuts as garnish
Heat a tablespoon each of the coconut oil and sesame oil in a large sauté pan on high heat.
Add the chopped yellow peppers and green onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Be sure not to burn the onions!
Lower the heat and toss in the bok choy.
Stir so the bok choy is evenly coated with oil.
Cook it just until the bok choy wilts.
The thicker, whiter ends of the bok choy will stay crunchy.
Serve over rice, or as a side dish to your entree of choice.
Garnish with roasted pine nuts.