Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Fast, Nutty Apple Crumble (Gluten-Free)
Celiac.com 10/03/2013 - Having an easy apple crumble recipe in your arsenal is a good thing. This one is both easy to make and tasty as can be. I try to keep apples in the house, and find I usually have the other basics on hand, which can help to take the sting out of any dessert emergency.
- 8 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup gluten-free oats (optional)
- ¾ cup crushed almonds
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 2½ tablespoons butter, room temperature (more as needed)
Heat oven to 375°F.
Mix almond meal and almonds, oats (if desired), brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in the butter. Use enough butter to so the mixture holds loosely together, but is not too moist.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, granulated sugar, vanilla, and of cinnamon. Toss to combine.
Layer sliced apples in a 9 x 12-inch (or approximately the same size) baking pan. You can also use large ramekins.
Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples.
Bake 45 minutes or until the mixture is bubbling and apples are tender.
Serve with fresh yogurt, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Easy Frozen Chocolate Banana Pudding (Gluten-Free)
It’s been hot lately, so I’ve been looking and lots and lots of tasty cool, and frozen things to make the summer just a bit more enjoyable.... [READ MORE]
Easy Apple Sauce (Gluten-Free)
Fall mean apples and apples mean joy.... [READ MORE]
Chocolate Pudding with Fresh Vanilla Whipped Cream (Gluten-Free)
A little sinful? Perhaps.... [READ MORE]
Chocolatey Peanut Butter Crispy Rice Treats (Gluten-Free)
Here is a fancy twist to the ever popular rice crispy treats.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity