Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Brazilian & South American Recipes
- Peruvian Fresh Red Chili Salsa (Gluten-Free)
Peruvian Fresh Red Chili Salsa (Gluten-Free)
Celiac.com 11/19/2015 - Pebre is like a Chilean version of what Mexicans call pico de gallo. This mixture of chile peppers, onions, garlic, cilantro, and sometimes tomatoes, can be found on almost any table in Chile. It is commonly served with bread and butter.
Pair this version with your favorite toasted gluten-free bread, and you’re in business.
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium ripe tomato, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons red chile pepper paste, to taste OR 2-3 tablespoons finely minced fresh red or green chile peppers
- Juice of 1 lime
- ⅓ cup cilantro leaves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chop onions, tomatoes. Mince garlic and peppers. Put ingredients into a bowl and mix. Serve at room temperature.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Peruvian Salsa de Rocoto (Gluten-Free)
The Peruvians make numerous kinds of delightful salsas.... [READ MORE]
Grilled Shrimp with Chimichurri Sauce (Gluten-Free)
Shrimp make a perfect summertime treat, and chimichurri sauce makes a perfect companion for shrimp.... [READ MORE]
Marinated Chicken Hearts with Smoked Sea Salt (Gluten-Free)
Marinated chicken hearts are a common menu item in many bars in South America, especially in Brazil.... [READ MORE]
Buñuelos - Columbian Fried Cheese Puffs (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Lin Goldkrantz.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity