Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryattswanson

Help Reading Test Results

Recommended Posts

My sister was diagnosed with Celiac two weeks ago and I am in the process of being tested. I have had the celiac blood tests that came back negative but my sister's numbers were low and I have two little boys so her GI doctor suggested that we have the genetic done. I did have the tests done...and here are the results are as follows:

 

DQ Alpha 1  01, 02:01

DQ Beta 03, 05  serology Equivalence 9,5

 

I have no clue what any of this means...can anyone help me?

 

And it also says

 

Genetic Pairs Present- no

 

My guess is that its negative so I don't carry the genes. But I have tried to google this and I do NOT understand it at all...

 

Thanks in advance...and I love this site

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This the full panel for Celiac:

 

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA
Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG
Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA
Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA
Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG
Total Serum IgA

 

I assume you were tested with the above.

 

 

Only 20% of people who carry the genes will carry on to develop Celiac. The other 80% , who carry the associated gene, will, never develop Celiac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 your lab results are DQ 9 and DQ 5, since 03* or 02* 03* means DQ9 and 01* 05* means DQ5.

 

The labs are looking for the pairs: 05*02* and 03*0302

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLA_DQ

 

 

There is at least one DQ9  celiac here on this forum, as DQ9 is very close to DQ8, but the risk for celiac with DQ9 is less than with DQ8 or DQ2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...