This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

niese

niese Explorer

These muffins are full of peanut butter and banana flavor! Make a batch of these and put them in the freezer so you can have an easy breakfast, lunch, or snack!
Recipe from: Michelle @ MyGluten-freeKitchen.com
Recipe type: Muffins & Quick Breads

Ingredients
  • 2 cups (8.5 oz) gluten-free all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. xanthan gum
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup packed brown sugar
  • ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
  • ½ cup peanut butter (I used Creamy Natural Jif, feel free to use chunky)
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 very ripe bananas, mashed (=1-1/2 cups)
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chocolate chips 

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line muffin pan with paper muffin liners or spray well with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together until combined – flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugars.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix the softened butter, peanut butter, eggs, mashed ripe bananas and vanilla extract.
  4. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredient mixture. Stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
  5. Use a cookie scoop or about ⅓ cup measure to fill muffin cups about ⅔ full. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of a muffin. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then remove to cooling racks. Serve warm or at room temperature.
  6. Store at room temperature, or place in Ziploc freezer bag to store in freezer.

Notes
If using a gluten-free flour that has xanthan gum already in it, then omit the xanthan gum listed in this recipe. To make dairy-free, use your favorite dairy-free alternative in place of the butter and use dairy-free chocolate chips. You can easily adapt these to mini muffins, jumbo muffins or mini loaves, just adjust the baking time. As always, be sure to double-check all of your ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

These muffins are full of peanut butter and banana flavor! Make a batch of these and put them in the freezer so you can have an easy breakfast, lunch, or snack!
Recipe from: Michelle @ MyGluten-freeKitchen.com
Recipe type: Muffins & Quick Breads

Ingredients
  • 2 cups (8.5 oz) gluten-free all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. xanthan gum
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup packed brown sugar
  • ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
  • ½ cup peanut butter (I used Creamy Natural Jif, feel free to use chunky)
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 very ripe bananas, mashed (=1-1/2 cups)
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chocolate chips 

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line muffin pan with paper muffin liners or spray well with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together until combined – flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugars.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix the softened butter, peanut butter, eggs, mashed ripe bananas and vanilla extract.
  4. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredient mixture. Stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
  5. Use a cookie scoop or about ⅓ cup measure to fill muffin cups about ⅔ full. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of a muffin. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then remove to cooling racks. Serve warm or at room temperature.
  6. Store at room temperature, or place in Ziploc freezer bag to store in freezer.

Notes
If using a gluten-free flour that has xanthan gum already in it, then omit the xanthan gum listed in this recipe. To make dairy-free, use your favorite dairy-free alternative in place of the butter and use dairy-free chocolate chips. You can easily adapt these to mini muffins, jumbo muffins or mini loaves, just adjust the baking time. As always, be sure to double-check all of your ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.

Sounds yummy!  When the temperatures drop, I'll bake them.  Baked a blueberry pear cobbler tonight in my Nesco  roaster oven out on the back patio.  Yum!  Not efficient for muffins though!   :( But, it sure kept my house cooler!  

blmoreschi Apprentice

Just made these, and they are completely delicious!! I can't wait to get the good mom accolades when my daughters (one Celiac, one not) get home from school this afternoon. YUMMY!

I used Jules Gluten Free Flour Blend because I happened to have it after getting it on a great deal with Groupon. I typically make my own blend using Jules' recipe from the book called something like Celiac Disease: the First Year.

love2travel Mentor

My recipe is similar but I roast the bananas first in the oven to really develop their flavor and instead of chocolate chips I grate and chop chunks of really great chocolate.  And I use my homemade vanilla as I do in much of my baking.  Thank goodness cupcakes, cakes, cookies, brownies, muffins, etc. are simple to make gluten free without anyone realizing it.  :)

niese Explorer

Just made these, and they are completely delicious!! I can't wait to get the good mom accolades when my daughters (one Celiac, one not) get home from school this afternoon. YUMMY!

I used Jules Gluten Free Flour Blend because I happened to have it after getting it on a great deal with Groupon. I typically make my own blend using Jules' recipe from the book called something like Celiac Disease: the First Year.

these are my favorite, glad you enjoyed them.  Even gluten eaters love them and 3 days later they are still moist 

Archived