Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luvs2read

Blood Test For Iga Increased

I was diagnosed by biopsy first, then in July had bloodwork that confirmed celiac. My level for the iGa was 85. Forty days later of being gluten free I was retested by another gastro amd the test was 138.

Why would it increase? I had a few mistakes the first week, but have been so vigilant. Not even eating gluten free breads or crackers. Mostly fruit, veggies, nuts, and meat. I do eat yogurt which is gluten free. Could I be getting this much cross contamination? I eat out but tell server I have celiac and must be gluten free.

I'm not sure what test you actually had. IgA is attached to several. The plain IGA test is just to see if you can make the antibodies that are being tested or do they have to use a different test.

At the Celiac conference, they were discussing that tTg can continue to go up for a week or or two after you stop eating gluten.

I'm not sure what test you actually had. IgA is attached to several. The plain IGA test is just to see if you can make the antibodies that are being tested or do they have to use a different test.

At the Celiac conference, they were discussing that tTg can continue to go up for a week or or two after you stop eating gluten.

thanks.

Thank you. I will check and see if same test. It was by two different doctors.