Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Georgia_guy

Store Employee Telling Me I Don't Have Celiac?

You can refer to my signature to see approximately how I would respond.

I love the signature! I could have used that!

Been having issues since forever
First issues I can connect to celiac was in middle school
Vit deficiencies, muscle spasms, fatigue

Yep...the old "you look healthy" comment makes my skin itch...trust me...I'd rather look sick and be healthy than rise from the crap I've been through and be told...at least you look good...ugh :(

Corporate complaint is in order...my advice is always inform corporations of these and other similar issues...how else would mgmt ever know this idiot is spouting such nonsense?

Added bonus...companies generally send an apology in similar manner as the complaint...as in when I have emailed I received email back and when I snail mailed a letter, I got one in return...most times with a gift card or certificate....I didn't always want to return to these places, but always found friend or family member to give them to :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0RTD7250II

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Love it....you look Marvelous ;)

Good to see ya back Bartie!

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

You look mahhhhvalous!

Jinx

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD