klisja

Gluten And Other Food Intolerances.

Rate this topic

I am wondering if someone knows if testing gluten can make you intolerant to other foods you are eating? I was testing if gluten was causing intolerance or if it was preservatives in the gluten food. Now I am suddenly intolerant to my usual breakfast, gluten-free cornflakes. :huh:

I'm not sure i understand. Are you celiac or are you suspecting a gluten intolerance? Many celiacs are intolerant to other foods until our guts heal, sometimes we never can tolerate some foods other than gluten.

Maybe try a whole foods diet, then add some processed foods like cereals back in and see if you have symptoms. You'll see if its gluten or additives that are causing problems.

I think I am definitally not celiac (based on tests and  my iron is fine), but I am severly food intolerant and I am really restricted,

I was eating gluten-free cornflakes, lactose free milk, rice porridge, gluten-free crackers, butter, cheese, rice, eggs and some meats - then I added wheat bread. I was having some symptoms like sudden runny nose for short period of time, sneezing, lipliner and a red circle on my upper lip, thirst, dry mucosa, excessive mucus in stool and constipation, peeing alot, irritation in body at night, joint pain and numbness and nerve pain in my right hand. I took out bread and most of the symptoms cleard up but not the lip, hand and dry mucosa. Yesterday I didn't eat my gluten-free cornflakes, I had a good sleep, not peeing so often and my hand was fine.

Usually I could eat the gluten-free cornflakes but suddenly now I react to it. Hence I was wondering if a gluten challange could make me not tolerate what I usually do.

It's day five since quitting the challange, I am still so run down,tired and feeling hopeless. Could it last so long? I respond the same way to gluten-free oats, or at least the runny nose. Long time since I gave up oats but I remember me eating oats stating "I can eat otats! I can eat oats! It's FINE!" while sucking my nose constantly. I didn't want to make the connection. :ph34r:

Thank you for responding to me :flowers: (just pretend they are there)

It's day five since quitting the challange, I am still so run down,tired and feeling hopeless. Could it last so long? I respond the same way to gluten-free oats, or at least the runny nose. Long time since I gave up oats but I remember me eating oats stating "I can eat otats! I can eat oats! It's FINE!" while sucking my nose constantly. I didn't want to make the connection. :ph34r:

Thank you for responding to me :flowers: (just pretend they are there)

Sorry I haven't responded... Some people take days, weeks, even months to heal after a gluten exposure. I sure hope you haven't developed a sensitivity to oats! I love oats, but have to space out how often I eat them. I get sick if I eat too much.

I sure hope you feel better soon! ((Hugs))