Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

1398_Days

Nail polish??

Rate this topic

I've heard that some nail polishes have gluten in them, but can you really get sick from it? The only instances of hand to mouth contact would be if I've eaten with my hands or when flossing. Unless you bite your nails I would imagine that the chance of getting sick is pretty small. Also, what about getting your nails done at a nail salon? I've never noticed any kind of reaction from painting my nails (and i paint them pretty often), though I don't know if the nail polish I use has gluten in it. Even if it does, is it okay to keep using it? 

Also, what brands are gluten free? What about Sinful Colors? That's the brand I use most often.. Thanks!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

On 12/17/2015 at 0:23 AM, 1398_Days said:

I've heard that some nail polishes have gluten in them, but can you really get sick from it? The only instances of hand to mouth contact would be if I've eaten with my hands or when flossing. Unless you bite your nails I would imagine that the chance of getting sick is pretty small. Also, what about getting your nails done at a nail salon? I've never noticed any kind of reaction from painting my nails (and i paint them pretty often), though I don't know if the nail polish I use has gluten in it. Even if it does, is it okay to keep using it? 

Also, what brands are gluten free? What about Sinful Colors? That's the brand I use most often.. Thanks!

I know that Jamberry Nails are gluten free.  I have used them with great success.  do not know about any others or even it it is okay to use them.  I am curious to find out as well.

Join eNewsletter