annacat4

Does this sound like DH?

Rate this topic

Hi,

I have been getting strange rashes on my body for a couple of years now. I'm 25, if that matters at all. They are sometimes worse than other times, and they seem to be happening more frequently. They seem to flare up every couple of months or so, but I always have random tiny itchy spots that pop up randomly in between these flare ups, They are insanely itchy, and then usually form papillae and then almost burn. They are usually symmetrical, but one side is usually worse than the other. I don't usually get it on the outsides of my elbows and knees .. It's actually usually on the inside of my elbows and backs of my knees. I don't have terrible stomach issues, but I still am not perfect in that area... I, in general, usually feel terrible.. In most of aspects of my health. I have thyroid disease, and am treated for it. I have bipolar disorder and extreme anxiety lately... Here are some pictures of the rash that broke out this time. They usually start small and just get bigger and bigger over a couple of days. I just have been having so many health issues lately, these rashes being one big part of it. I was so excited to get to the doctor and finally figure out was wrong with me at my one year check up, and after testing for lupus and RA and a normal full panel... Nothing came up. I am desperate. I have a six month old son and I can barely keep up now.. Let alone when he is a toddler!

http://tinypic.com/r/m2an4/9

http://tinypic.com/r/1xx6jt/9

Edited by annacat4
Add pictures

Anna, I am sorry that you are struggling!  I do not have DH, but I can suggest you read through our forum's DH section.  I am not a doctor, but your rash sounds more like eczema based on the way it presents.  In any case , you can opt for a skin biopsy, but make sure the doctor does it properly for a DH diagnosis (see DH section for exact procedure).  You must be on a gluten diet (daily) for the DH test to be

If it is eczema, have you tried eliminating or testing for food triggers like dairy?   Learn more about eczema.  I would provide a link, but our internet (or something) is not letting me do that.....