Jump to content
Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
  • Sign Up
2 2
Victoria1234

Lack of motivation, adderal the solution?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

So I have one pesky symptom that in the last few years has cropped up and never gone away. Lack of motivation to do some very basic things. So basic it's embarrassing to talk about. I barely manage to do a lot of adult tasks these days. It's a real stretch. It's like something is blocking me. Anyways, so I'm talking to my psych and she suggests adderal for it as we've tried lots of different avenues for this issue and none have helped. My bipolar is totally under control, for an entire year so far. My anxiety is ok with a script. It'll be even better once I get one major thing that I won't get into here taken care of. But I'm not the super motivated, extremely hard working person I used to be. It really changed basically when I got sick about 9 years ago. So, does anyone else take adderal? I've got the pills next to me but worried to take them. Not sure why. Any help, advice, reassurance is welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Victoria1234 said:

So I have one pesky symptom that in the last few years has cropped up and never gone away. Lack of motivation to do some very basic things. So basic it's embarrassing to talk about. I barely manage to do a lot of adult tasks these days. It's a real stretch. It's like something is blocking me. Anyways, so I'm talking to my psych and she suggests adderal for it as we've tried lots of different avenues for this issue and none have helped. My bipolar is totally under control, for an entire year so far. My anxiety is ok with a script. It'll be even better once I get one major thing that I won't get into here taken care of. But I'm not the super motivated, extremely hard working person I used to be. It really changed basically when I got sick about 9 years ago. So, does anyone else take adderal? I've got the pills next to me but worried to take them. Not sure why. Any help, advice, reassurance is welcome.

Wow, I was on the EXACT same stuff, it is basically medical speed, amphetamine. Yeah it will motivate you but it is addictive and withdrawal is a real nightmare with it. I use EXTRA b-vitamins and give myself a extra kick with a red eye coffee sometimes now days to avoid those pills. And I do not want to go through that withdrawal again. I would honestly suggest a 5-hour no sugar energy shot and some cocoa nibs and hemp seed snack mix over those pills anyway. Sorta what gets me by now days.  THIS is going to sound really really odd, but I makes this great sprinkle for depression and energy made with ground cocoa nibs form ciro bru, hemp protein powder, and a sweetener like pyure, or xylitol and just sprinkle it over or in stuff. The blend of hemp and cocoa really helps my mood in combination with the Stress & Energy mix. I think the magnesium I take daily also contributes. I honestly can not get mad, sad, or depressed no matter what for the past 3 weeks.....like the most messed up stuff has happened and I just go "Oh well it will work out" ....and I mean some really bad stuff has happened this month lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Victoria1234 said:

But I'm not the super motivated, extremely hard working person I used to be.

I have a similar problem. I feel like a different person these days, as if something broke inside me and I'm no longer as productive or goal oriented :( I'd be very interested in seeing if the adderall works if you decide to go with it.

28 minutes ago, Ennis_TX said:

THIS is going to sound really really odd, but I makes this great sprinkle for depression and energy made with ground cocoa nibs form ciro bru, hemp protein powder, and a sweetener like pyure, or xylitol and just sprinkle it over or in stuff. The blend of hemp and cocoa really helps my mood in combination with the Stress & Energy mix. I think the magnesium I take daily also contributes.

No it sounds interesting.  I may give that a try I think I have some cocoa and I'm sure I can find hemp protein powder over here. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jmg said:

if something broke inside me

Yes. I'm broken. 

Will try the adderal this weekend. And report back.

ennis, your stuff sounds great. Will look into rounding up ingredients. I've been on a. about 12-13 years ago for a year or two. Worked fabulous for me. Used to love it. Then one day I decided I wanted to quit it, and I think I went cold turkey and it was hard. Brain had become so used to it. Want to do it differently this time and not take it 7 days a week. With my new job starting mid august I'll need to be absolutely in tip top condition so I'm thinking about taking it just during the week and getting some rest on the weekends. Looking forward to having it help me drop a couple pounds too. Just sitting around at home (and doing a lot of sitting at my pt job this summer) is doing nothing for me, with no motivation to do the exercise bike even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Victoria1234 said:

Yes. I'm broken. 

Will try the adderal this weekend. And report back.

ennis, your stuff sounds great. Will look into rounding up ingredients. I've been on a. about 12-13 years ago for a year or two. Worked fabulous for me. Used to love it. Then one day I decided I wanted to quit it, and I think I went cold turkey and it was hard. Brain had become so used to it. Want to do it differently this time and not take it 7 days a week. With my new job starting mid august I'll need to be absolutely in tip top condition so I'm thinking about taking it just during the week and getting some rest on the weekends. Looking forward to having it help me drop a couple pounds too. Just sitting around at home (and doing a lot of sitting at my pt job this summer) is doing nothing for me, with no motivation to do the exercise bike even.

Yeah I have 2 stationary pedal bikes. I use one on the desk sometimes while watching a show and work out my arms. I keep one under the desk and pedal on it for hours a day, really helps with my restless leg issues and stress (just gotta keep moving or I start feeling like a panic attack is coming on trapped by life like a rat in a cage.

If you need to know were to find the ground cocoa nibs look up crio bru, they sell it as a coffee replacement for $23 for 1.5lbs they have different origin and different roast levels so you can get different flavored cocoa nibs I get several and mix them up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2017 at 11:40 AM, Jmg said:

 

I have a similar problem. I feel like a different person these days, as if something broke inside me and I'm no longer as productive or goal oriented :( I'd be very interested in seeing if the adderall works if you decide to go with it.

No it sounds interesting.  I may give that a try I think I have some cocoa and I'm sure I can find hemp protein powder over here. 

 

So here's my adderall report.... I take it in the am, after my other melds and coffee. It's the XR version so it lasts all day for me, but the most helpful part is the first 4 hours. It takes a little while to kick in, and then I notice a calming effect. I'm usually very anxious so this is nice. I notice I'm more positive, and feel actually pretty happy, although I've got some major things pressing down on me I feel like I can think about them straight and get them taken care of, instead of panicking. I'm not starving all the time like I usually am. I felt hungry since I started taking my thyroid med and am worried I started gaining a bit of weight due to eating more. Now I don't feel like I need to eat between meals. I'm back to making every bite count towards nutrition. I've been better at taking care of more adult type duties. I'm happy to say that it's been a very good experience so far and I don't feel like I'm taking so much that I get a high from it. A decade or more ago I took double the dose I'm at now and I can tell you I was feeling that super happy high when it first kicked in, and although it felt great, it scared me as that is so on the path to some major addiction issues, you know? I can tell you that the current dose makes me feel like I did in my 20's, and I was pretty kick a$$ then, lol!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Victoria1234 said:

So here's my adderall report.... I take it in the am, after my other melds and coffee. It's the XR version so it lasts all day for me, but the most helpful part is the first 4 hours. It takes a little while to kick in, and then I notice a calming effect. I'm usually very anxious so this is nice. I notice I'm more positive, and feel actually pretty happy, although I've got some major things pressing down on me I feel like I can think about them straight and get them taken care of, instead of panicking. I'm not starving all the time like I usually am. I felt hungry since I started taking my thyroid med and am worried I started gaining a bit of weight due to eating more. Now I don't feel like I need to eat between meals. I'm back to making every bite count towards nutrition. I've been better at taking care of more adult type duties. I'm happy to say that it's been a very good experience so far and I don't feel like I'm taking so much that I get a high from it. A decade or more ago I took double the dose I'm at now and I can tell you I was feeling that super happy high when it first kicked in, and although it felt great, it scared me as that is so on the path to some major addiction issues, you know? I can tell you that the current dose makes me feel like I did in my 20's, and I was pretty kick a$$ then, lol!

Many thanks for this :) I'm going to give it some serious thought...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it works, just try to be careful with and do rotate off it for good amounts of time, the addiction to is killer, and can make you manic, and crazy. I used to rely on it too much way back and getting off was nightmare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

Yeah it works, just try to be careful with and do rotate off it for good amounts of time, the addiction to is killer, and can make you manic, and crazy. I used to rely on it too much way back and getting off was nightmare.

Thanks. I plan on not using it on weekends but will need it during the workweek, especially any day I'm teaching! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jmg said:

Many thanks for this :) I'm going to give it some serious thought...

I had to be on other Meds to help my other psych issues for 2 years before she would consider that my lack of motivation was an issue that was not going away. I specifically asked for the adderall 2 years ago when I first saw my dr. and even though I had been on it before and it was documented, she refused to give it to me! I was so annoyed back then as I knew I would be better off on it, but what could I do other than sound like a drug crazed crazy person, lol?! I had even worse motivation 2 years ago, not wanting to move from the sofa to take care of the simplest of things, ugh I've been on a real roller coaster ride inside my head for too long. I'm just glad my husband hasn't given up on me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2

×