Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
LilyR

safe Jams & Jellies

Rate this topic

Sorry if this is old news, but I was looking for some jams or jelly to put on rice cakes with pb and so far I found a few brands that seem safe, gluten-free.  

http://www.bonnemaman.us/frequently-asked-questions/

And Welch's seem safe.  But they have some licorce candies and other products that are not safe.  But apparently all their jams and jellies are fine. https://www.welchs.com/products/nutrition-and-allergen-information

Smuckers sound like they don't claim gluten-free even though there is no gluten in their ingredients, so I'm avoiding those for now.  Who needs to risk it when the two above are safe.  

But unfortunately a brand I used to enjoy from time to time that has lots of different flavors is sadly no more for me...I emailed the Trappist Monks facility and this is what their reply was: 

"Thank you for your query.Products we sell are made with close adherence to strict health and safety regulations. Despite this, cross-contamination in small monastic facilities remains a possibility. Persons with high levels of sensitivity to particular ingredients should avoid ALL foods in our catalog.Best regards,Dan,Customer Service,Monastery Greetings,540 E 105TH ST STE 11,CLEVELAND, OH   44108" 

I'm so happy Bonne Maman is gluten-free though.  They have yummy stuff. 

I use Polaner Sugar Free, talked to a company rep, sugar free smuckers has been fine for the past year when I have to get some, lets see there were a few others companies I know but I no longer use them as I can not have sugar -_-

I use Smuckers, Polaner All Fruit and Wegmans store brand.  I do sometimes get an off brand or something from the Imported aisle and don't think I have ever encountered a jam or jelly that had a gluten issue.

Thanks for the replies.  It's nice to hear you've both had Smuckers with good luck.  Maybe I will try it. That must be hard at times, Ennis. having to avoid gluten and also sugar too.