Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Rate this topic

Hello all. I am going to see a GI on this Thursday. Hopefully won’t get cancelled because of all the riots. I self diagnosed and went off gluten a few weeks ago and started feeling better. Not 100% but better than I had felt in a long time. Last Tuesday was the first day I had that was pain free for over year. Well Thursday I made a homemade teriyaki sauce and inadvertently put some oyster sauce (about 1.5 tablespoon), later realized and yes it contained soy sauce made from wheat,  and that evening I became bloated and it is Sunday and still don’t feel good. Even awoke with a stomach ache, don’t feel like eating much, dizziness, all the old symptoms just not as intense as before. Is this normal? 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It’s normal for many who are gluten sensitive or have celiac disease. Even a small amount of gluten can trigger debilitating symptoms that can last days or longer.

Also you need to be eating gluten regularly for several weeks before being tested for celiac disease. So if you have been gluten-free for a while your tests may end up false negative. Please read this article before getting tested:

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

Join eNewsletter