Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

2 2
Litkate

Can you miss periods with undiagnoised celiac

Rate this topic

Hi my name is kate me and my mom are getting tested for celiac on thursday which i just know we have. Can you get missed periods with undiagnoised celiac disease. Well i have had missed periods for a long time since 2012 could have been earlier not sure. Might miss a month or 2 or sometimes miss no month till after say having it 2 months in a row. Past few months my period has come but still iregular, I went off gluten for 4 weeks when i went back on the gluten So the test can be acruate my period over 2 weeks late even though it can be irregular, and then last month it didnt come at all what so ever. I know it has to be the gluten causing it. I herd can be comon in undiagnoised snd untreated celiac 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, it can cause that.  Celiac disease can interfere with absorption of nutrients by the gut.  That means you may be low on critical vitamins and minerals your body needs to heal and maintain itself.  Celiac can actually affect any part of the body because of this nutrient issue.  Brain, nerves, skin, joints etc can all be affected.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

On 6/9/2020 at 1:08 AM, GFinDC said:

Yes, it can cause that.  Celiac disease can interfere with absorption of nutrients by the gut.  That means you may be low on critical vitamins and minerals your body needs to heal and maintain itself.  Celiac can actually affect any part of the body because of this nutrient issue.  Brain, nerves, skin, joints etc can all be affected.

Thanks so much for the infomatiom, i say i am deficient in some vits and mins defo calcium as i say i have developed ostiopirosis, will be getting vitium blood test also with the celaic tommorow, ill be 8 weeks back on the gluten which what the doctors office recomend, i dont just get gi stmptoms get others to like fatigue, joint and bone pain, headaches sometimes, tingling numbness in hands and feet, Apparently DH on my scalp, roseaca on my cheeks, my hair seems thinner than it used to be its still stick but defo alot thinner to name a few 

On 6/9/2020 at 1:08 AM, GFinDC said:

Also have lactose intollerence  to 

Join eNewsletter

Hi,

Lactose intolerance is a symptom of celiac disease.  Celiac damage stops the vili from making lactase, an enzyme we need to digest dairy.

If you do have DH, you should probably see a dermatologist.  DH can be hard to detect in blood tests. So they do a biopsy of skin near a lesion but not on it.  DH is a very itchy rash and usually appears symmetrically on the body (both elbows, knees, etc.  They check the skin biopsy for IgA antibodies to gliaden.  There are other skin conditions that people with celiac can get though. 

Celiac has a genetic link so people in families get it more often.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

2 hours ago, GFinDC said:

Hi,

Lactose intolerance is a symptom of celiac disease.  Celiac damage stops the vili from making lactase, an enzyme we need to digest dairy.

If you do have DH, you should probably see a dermatologist.  DH can be hard to detect in blood tests. So they do a biopsy of skin near a lesion but not on it.  DH is a very itchy rash and usually appears symmetrically on the body (both elbows, knees, etc.  They check the skin biopsy for IgA antibodies to gliaden.  There are other skin conditions that people with celiac can get though. 

Celiac has a genetic link so people in families get it more often.

ya it is a symptom, i got an intolleence and allergy in early febuary, knew it show the dairy but didnt say wheather was lactose intollerence or allergy but i knew it was lactose because of symptoms i get, i do have lactose free dairy products they cause no problems to me. Need to see a dermatologist for potential DH, other skin condition to i do get these little bumps on my arms there small lots of them. Ya has genetic link, wasent till i did reaseach i though straight away of my mother mostly the teen and lids symptoms for her, small stature, deylaed puperty, she used eat loads as child never put on weight, she has ostiopirosis, sometimes gluten products make her sick but not always she doesnt have as many stmptoms as me anyways.  and whats looks like DH on her back. Thx so much for all the information 😊

Join eNewsletter