Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

5 hours ago, suzamon said:

Hi,

I'm wondering if your chocolate and caramel ice cream sauces are Gluten Free?

Thank you!

Mine are because I only buy ones that are gluten-free.  You should really do the same IMHO if you are trying to eat gluten-free.  I can tell you that plain Hershey's chocolate syrup is gluten-free in the USA.

In a major effort not to come off as a total Richard-head I am posting in a link to Hershey's website.  They have a nice disclaimer on gluten and a list of their products that are gluten-free.

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/en_us/whats-inside/gluten-free.html

The best way to determine if our products contain a gluten ingredient is to read our product label. This label includes an accurate, current listing of the ingredients in our products. Because, on occasion, the list of ingredients can change, we strongly encourage you to check the ingredient label on the package each time before you make a purchase.

Actually I think their Special Dark Choc Syrup and Simply 5 Choc Syrup are gluten-free too.  I found some sugar free pancake syrup recently and am planning to try making it into chocolate syrup by adding cocoa powder to it.  According to my science I should actually lose weight while eating ice cream that way. :)

I haven't tried any of their caramel sauces myself.  For any other product the same also holds true, read the ingredients.  That usually works although their have been some cases of mislabeling things gluten-free show up.  The Gluten-free Watchdog posts notices about those products on Facebook.  I think Hershey's is pretty good about labeling.  I am not sure about other companies.

Welcome to the forum ! :)

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter