Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

GROUP 6 Vaccine Group UK

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone, 

Really interesting and exciting news that in the UK Celiac are getting called to get their Covid vaccine in the "underlying health conditions"  group. I went for mine today and have some very mixed feelings of guilt and happiness, I'm a healthy 26 year old actor who before the virus was doing 10 shows a week and I have had mine before my parents in their 60s and lots of others.  I asked today why I was called and they said about the reduced Spleen function and the NHS not wanting to take chances.

Very very grateful! It was vey easy and so far only a little headache. 

hope you are all staying well wherever you are. One of the good sides to this pandemic is ive finally managed to get my head around the Diagnosis and all the cross/contamination and ingredients (was only diagnosed at 25 after 9-10 years of pain!)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, after all this time running this site, it's nice to hear that there is a fringe benefit to having celiac disease! I would not feel guilty, and this now makes me wonder if celiacs worldwide should be bumped up into the early vaccination group?

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com