Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Start up Gluten free business cafe

Rate this topic

Hi dear all!

Originally I am from Georgia, Tbilisi. Currently reside in Nederland almost for 10 years. I started following gluten free diet since I was diagnosed with  coeliac disease 18 years ago. While travelling to Georgia, Tbilisi, I am sadly surprised that there  only few  shops where you can buy gluten free products and variety is very poor. So I strongly decided to start up a gluten free business in Georgia to help people, especially kids to enjoy gluten free food and lead a normal, healthy life. My biggest dream  is to open a gluten free café  where one can  consume delicious gluten free food and at the same time sell gluten free products. Can you please provide me with  Ideas how shall I start gluten free business? Are there any funds available for this kind of projects?  Many thanks in advance. 

Respectfully, Tamuna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Most of the small business incentives I've seen offered, at least on a national level, are SBA (Small Business Association) loans, which are typically very low interest rate loans for first time startup businesses. Usually you can get such loans through your bank, but here is the Web site with more info: https://www.sba.gov/

There may also be local incentives, especially due to the pandemic, offered by your state or city, but you might want to contact them about this.

Another approach that I often see now are Kickstarter.com campaigns that raise money for specific business ideas or causes. If you have a big social network, or access to people in your area that do, perhaps you can raise some or all of the startup money that way.

I do believe that now is one of the better times to start a restaurant or other business, as there are many opportunities now for good deals on leases, or taking over businesses that did not survive the pandemic. Once the majority of people are fully vaccinated I believe there will be a lot of people who will want to get out of their houses again! Good luck, and let us know what you find out.

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

Dear Scott, thank you very much for your reply! I wish you a healthy day.

Respectfully,

Tamuna