Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

16 hours ago, Scott Adams said:

I'm sorry to hear you've had some set backs, but this is common. These two articles might be helpful:

Dear Scott I have now been gluten free for 3 weeks and I am so listless tired a lot of the time when I poisoned myself last week I honestly thought I was going to die so much so I crawled to open the door I had terrible vertigo in case I had to call an ambulance... I looked it up in between nausea and spinning that this was a symptom of being poisoned by gluten ... I think I am still in shock with myself diagnosis and have made an appointment with the doctor ... All of my horrid symptoms have gone no more sore muscles no more bloating no more feeling physically sick and I now no I didn’t have IBS ..... This is such a new and sudden life for me scary but I am grateful I now no I have this thing ... I see tablets advertised that say they stop the gluten getting into your intestines is this true ... Thank you for the articles sent it was very kind of you to set up this site for fellow sufferers and I will be eternally grateful but just now am wiped out 

leslee ....

It's good to hear that your symptoms are improving on a gluten-free diet. 

The GliadinX enzymes are indeed a site sponsor here, but I only allow that because they work, but only on small amounts of gluten, like you might get if you ate something "gluten-free" at a restaurant that was contaminated (perhaps they cook your eggs or bacon on a grill where they just cooked pancakes). I don't eat out much since the pandemic hit, but normally would eat out at restaurants 1-2 times a week, and would inevitably end up having gluten issues, and it didn't seem to matter whether I ordered off of a gluten-free menu, and the restaurant staff acted like they knew exactly what they were doing.

Rather than quit dining out, which is something that I love to do, I take at least 2 capsules of GliadinX before a meal whenever I do eat out. Since doing this I've never had another issue, and I doubt this is due to the restaurants suddenly becoming perfect at preparing gluten-free meals.

I did a review on these here, and this is a true story:

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com