This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

miamia Rookie
Hi Miamia :)

Wow...you've had alot going on! I've heard good things about acupuncture...hopefully it can help you with some of the digestive stuff or any other symptoms.

I'm looking forward to seeing your test results if you post them. Right now I'm waiting for one test result that wont be in till after Christmas. I want to possibly take antibiotics briefly and then redo my Lyme tests...or do the urine test for Lyme bacteria. Still thinking about it.

Hope you have great holidays and just believe that you're heading in the right direction...you're gonna turn that corner and start getting some real answers. I just know it....you're gonna get better. :)

Rachel-

thank you so much for your positive words!!! I thought about you in my docotr appt. when he was like one more plus and you would have been positve I know you are like me and want real proof!!! I felt so frustrated that I could be that close to having it-....... and still somehow so far away!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rinne Apprentice

Just a drive by, thanks for the links for information on vaccinations. I'm having problems posting but will try again later.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Good morning, everyone! Just wanted to say hi. I've been keeping up and thinking about all of you, but don't have anything to say. :blink: I look forward to feeling better .... I am NOT ready for Christmas ... I wonder how I'm going to create the magic of the holiday for the family. Thank goodness Morgan is home!

AndreaB Contributor

Donna,

Hope you "just" have a cold. Miserable things too but much better than strep. I think it's great that the ship was so vigilant about keeping hands clean. :)

Miamia,

I hear you about the financial aspect of trying to find out what is wrong. I often wonder what we would do if we needed a whole bunch of tests. We don't have ready cash either. :( I'm glad your doctor is willing to help you. :)

Patti,

Is that my favorite kitty that got lost for 8 days?

Rinne,

How are you doing? Can you post again?

Carla,

No wonder you've been scarce.....Morgan is home. :) Have fun with your whirlwind, energetic daughter. We are pretty much ready, aside from cooking. We are having the 5 boys and 1 girl over as well so that will make 11 of us. Of course Seth isn't onto much solids (aside from baby food) as he still only has 3 teeth, but there will be a few things we can give him. I've been advised to keep him off the hi allergen foods until he's 2 or 3 since our family is intolerant to so many different things. He already has a problem with salmon (forgot that was on the list).

Rachel,

Still waiting to hear about your last appointment. I didn't pester you Saturday as I was hoping you were having some fun.....and obviously, you had things to take care of yesterday. How are you feeling today?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, thank Heavens your kitty is okay! Maybe he could come with you to your mom's next time?

Kitty cant come to my mom's with me. She doesnt allow pets in her house....shes not too fond of them. Sometimes I wonder how we are related?? :unsure:

Maybe shes not kidding when she tells me gypsies left me on her doorstep. :blink:

I dont get it...my cat wasnt even bothered by the fact that he had no food or water for 5 days....actually 6 days! :o

He came out of the room purring and rubbing against my leg....he didnt even take off to go eat or anything! :huh:

My room is all better now...its all fresh and clean again. :)

I went shopping...got an air filter! When I took the old one down it didnt seem dusty or anything....I thought..."Wow...2 years w/out changing it and its not even dirty??" :unsure:

I decided to buy a new one anyways and when I went to the store I realized that mine IS dirty....REALLY DIRTY! I found out that they are supossed to be white....not gray. :ph34r:

I also got new filters for my air purifier. Still gotta find filters for the vacuum...I couldnt find the kind I need anywhere.

I got a new super soft mattress pad. I figured it would protect my mattress in the event of another heinosity. I got a new comfortor too. :D

Next thing I need to take care of is the furnace thing. ;)

My cat discovered my electric blanket yesterday. I'm not letting him into my room cuz I dont want him "hiding" again. He is VERY angry with me. Kept looking at me like this :angry::angry:

He thinks its *his* room now and he wants my electric blanket. :rolleyes:

I didnt get much sleep last night because he was crying and crying and crying all night....right outside my door. Then throwing himself against the door and crying and crying....OMG...what a dramatic kitty. :rolleyes: Its not like its a "new" thing that hes not allowed in my room....its been since I started getting all these allergies. I hope its better next weekend. :ph34r:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Still waiting to hear about your last appointment. I didn't pester you Saturday as I was hoping you were having some fun.....and obviously, you had things to take care of yesterday. How are you feeling today?

Andrea...I think I might have dingo'd alot of stuff...it feels like it was a loooong time ago. :huh:

Stupid brainfog. :angry: I will have to put on my thinking cap and see if I can come up with anything. :unsure:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I forgot to add that I LOVE your picture! :D

Me too Donna!! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
Patti,

Is that my favorite kitty that got lost for 8 days?

:D Yep--one in the same! And come Christmas Eve, we will have had him for 15 years....or maybe I should say he's had us :lol:

angst2amity Rookie

You guys are so funny - it really is a soap-opera! And no one says "hey get off the internet!" to you because I think this is the place you go where doctors and loved ones say "I haven't a clue" but they aren't the ones that have to live this way.

Yeah...you definately have to taper off of the prednisone. I took it for only one week about 3 years ago and I swear it made me worse. I had to taper off it even though I was on it for such a short time. I'm glad you're getting off of them though! YIKES...steroids and Lyme...not a good combo. :(

I didnt know you were doing salt/c....I must have missed that?? :huh:

How long have you been doing it and have you noticed changes from it?? Make sure you're taking a good probiotic while you're on the antibiotics. :)

I think that I have researched just about everything possible before finding this site. Read lots of documents about how massive doses of Vitamin C can repair your immune system. I have been giving it a haphazard try for a while now. It may be working somewhat, but I have reactions to the C like mouth ulcers and um, new itching, and other things. So I quit and start and quit and start. BUT one of your early posts made me think, hmmmm maybe the asorbic acid is derived from corn. I called the manufacturer today - they will get back with me.

I also read about salt intake and the benefits of real sea salt. Have used that in place of regular salt for a long time. Sometimes I will drink 8 glasses of saltwater - sometimes I won't. Seems like my body wants it. Also doing a sinus salt flush. Also doing isotonic salt flushes when candida gets bad.

Been on probiotics forever. I am trying those Pearls, they are like ThreeLac in that they are supposed to survive your stomach and actually end up in your gut.

Today I am very dizzy and weak. Lots less pain so I shouldn't complain. Lots less brain pain and joint pain. No word about celiac disease or LD yet.

Sorry to hear about your kitty. Once when I was in college my bad kitty got mad (because I got a new roommates with a cat) and not only did he pee on my bed, he peed on top of all the CUPBOARDS. They said he had to go!! I got him a vasectomy instead and he has been mostly well behaved for the last 10 years. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
not only did he pee on my bed, he peed on top of all the CUPBOARDS.

:blink:

OMG...if my cat did this....he would be getting a vasectomy too! If he decided to pee on my cupboards...he'd be in big trouble.....for the first time in his 12 years he might become an outside kitty. :P

He did get really mad at me a long time ago....he peed on my bed....I cant remember why but he was a MAD kitty :angry: .....and he showed me just how mad he was. :rolleyes:

covsooze Enthusiast
I dont get it...my cat wasnt even bothered by the fact that he had no food or water for 5 days....actually 6 days! :o

He came out of the room purring and rubbing against my leg....he didnt even take off to go eat or anything! :huh:

I would be asking myself what did the cat eat. My cat will eat almost anything. Probably would eat dust if she got really hungry! We ban her to the kitchen at night. She has a cat flap which leads out to our garden and, on a not irregular basis, we find fluffy 'presents' in the kitchen in the morning. :ph34r:

Donna - brilliant picture :)

My update is, I've been off the cipralex (lexapro) for three weeks now :D So I'm now enduring my first chocolate free anti-d free period :o If I can survive that OK, it'll be the elimination diet for me after Christmas. For the first time ever, I'll be able to identify with my colleagues who are going on New Years diets :lol: I have chickened out of going to my work Christmas meal on Friday, coz I really don't want to risk being ill for Christmas.

Susie x

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Still gotta find filters for the vacuum...I couldnt find the kind I need anywhere.

I had exactly the same problem with my Sharp vacuum cleaner, which I loved because it was so quiet--couldn't find filters for it (or even bags) ANYWHERE. Ended up ordering them from the manufacturer, and I got so mad that all the new bags (I think I ordered 20 bags) and filters cost so much ($60!!! :ph34r: ), I went out and bought a second vacuum cleaner for $40. Now instead of buying new filters, I just use the other vacuum cleaner to vacuum the filters. Weird, I know.

My Sharp vacuum cleaner has now officially died, I think. I haven't completely given up on it (out of pure stubbornness, really, I've had the thing for 13 years), but I took it apart, cleaned it out, and put it back together again, and it still spits a small trail of fine dust whenever I roll it backwards. So I got a reconditioned Eureka Maxima bagless for $30, which isn't bad, especially considering I don't have to buy bags or filters for it but--I have to clean the darn filter every time I use the thing. I'm being lazy and using the other vac to vacuum it instead of washing it. :unsure:

Just what I need, 3 vacuum cleaners, one of which doesn't work. I should have my head examined.

AndreaB Contributor
Maybe shes not kidding when she tells me gypsies left me on her doorstep. :blink:

My cat discovered my electric blanket yesterday. I'm not letting him into my room cuz I dont want him "hiding" again. He is VERY angry with me. Kept looking at me like this :angry::angry:

He thinks its *his* room now and he wants my electric blanket. :rolleyes:

I didnt get much sleep last night because he was crying and crying and crying all night....right outside my door. Then throwing himself against the door and crying and crying....OMG...what a dramatic kitty. :rolleyes: Its not like its a "new" thing that hes not allowed in my room....its been since I started getting all these allergies. I hope its better next weekend. :ph34r:

:lol::lol:

I never trusted my cats with the electric blanket. I didn't want them chewing on it or anything.

Angst.....that sounds awful with your cat. I am familiar with angry cats but I don't think I've ever had one go on top of the cupboard. :blink:

Andrea...I think I might have dingo'd alot of stuff...it feels like it was a loooong time ago. :huh:

Stupid brainfog. :angry: I will have to put on my thinking cap and see if I can come up with anything. :unsure:

Hope you remember some of it. You know I look forward to hearing about your appointments. Don't make me call you twice a week. I don't think I could afford that. :lol:

:D Yep--one in the same! And come Christmas Eve, we will have had him for 15 years....or maybe I should say he's had us :lol:

I vote for he's had you. Cats seem to be that way. :P

She has a cat flap which leads out to our garden and, on a not irregular basis, we find fluffy 'presents' in the kitchen in the morning. :ph34r:

And to top it off you need to appreciate their gifts to you. :ph34r:

Glad you're not risking getting sick before Christmas....I wouldn't want to either.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

I should have my head examined.

Nah, but it does seem in part like you are doing a lot of work with those two vacuums that work. :P

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

hi all

will post on the dr apt later tonight after i figure out what to say.

Rachel tried to send you this re: friends from the 'new feature' page..and your mail box said it was full and this note was unable to be sent.

MY UNSENT PM FROM THE 'NEW FEATURE THREAD." TO RACHEL.

I have you in my friends list. Are you sure you don't have some kind of block of yours?

I'm not sure about this 'friends' thing. i tried to add Donna and couldnt' and then today she was on my list. There was a request from her by email notice she wanted me to be her friend and guess there was somehwhere on there that i must have ck'd. GOD I CAN'T REMBER ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

Lot's to learn here but the features are good esp the spell check.

thanks for all the info getting ready for apt..just not up to posting about it right now..

to tired and kinda overwhelmed again.judy

WOOPS ANOTHER QUESTION. SEVERAL HAVE ASKED...WHAT ARE THE MEANING OF THE GOLD STARS UNDER THE PERSONS ICON???? HOW DO YOU GET RATED & WHO DOES THE RATING.?? IS IT LIKE HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON OR HOW MANY POSTS YOU'VE DONE??

dlp252 Apprentice

Thanks all for the comments on my picture...glad I did that yesterday when I FELT like having fun, lol. Today not so much...all I want to do is sleep. I went in for my chiro/PT appointment (although they had an earlier appointment so I went then). I asked them if they wanted me to come in sick and they said yes, and as a matter of fact it was probably MORE important for me to come in than normal. So they worked on my lymphatic system...can't say that I feel any different, but it was a massage so who cares, lol.

I asked about whether the results of my stool testing were in, and they were, but they won't tell you like that, you have to speak to one of the doctors...I'll do that on Wednesday. I do know that whatever they found needs a prescription, cuz they mentioned that one was already written. :( Hoping it's not C.Diff, but also not sure if I want any of the other parasites/bacteria either. Not really sure if any others can be fixed by prescription, Candida maybe??

Friday I will be re-evaluated for the chiropractic/physical therapy stuff to see if there is any improvement (um, my best guess, NO, lol). Preparing myself for the :huh: look I'll get when I reemphasize the mercury/lyme thing. :lol:

Ha, bad kitty! :lol: That's a move in Yoga Booty Ballet, lol. We have some very bad kitties amongst this group, lol.

Susie - good, (okay, not good), but at least I'll have company on the elimination diet, which I pretty much have to start over cuz I ate a bunch of stuff I shouldn't have while on vacation, lol.

Judy - take your time about posting, but hurry up okay, lol. :lol: Just kidding, sort of. :P

happygirl Collaborator

Donna, I just have to add that your picture is so cute!

dlp252 Apprentice

Thanks Laura, wished my ears showed up more, lol. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Is everyone ready for Christmas??

Well....its one week away and I've bought one gift so far. B) This is about right for me though....even when I was healthy I was a last minute shopper.

I'm not doing that much shopping this year anyways....just a few things. All the medical stuff is kind of taking a big chunk out of Xmas spending. Hopefully next year will be a whole lot better.

I only asked Santa for one thing.....hopefully he got my letter. :)

EDIT:

OK.....I asked for 2 things....but I'd be happy with just one. :D

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla,

No wonder you've been scarce.....Morgan is home. :)

Actually, I've been feeling REALLY bad for about a week. Today was a little better, but I've been spending most of my time resting. Morgan came home last Wed., but went back for the weekend for some of her HS friends' parties since we used to live where she is going to college.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I got him a vasectomy instead and he has been mostly well behaved for the last 10 years. :lol:

I did this to a dog that lifted his leg on a chair ... only it was more of a castration ... from then on my hubby would tell people, "You'd better not make her mad, you should see what she did to the dog!"

happygirl Collaborator

x

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I didn't put "freakin" when I asked him, but its almost Christmas and I'm running out of time ;)

Oh yeah, and for a doctor that has a clue. :)

:lol::lol::lol:

Hmmmm....Did I put "freakin" on my letter?? I might have. <_<

I think I'm entitled though....Santa has forgotten me the last 4 Xmas's.

Yeah....C'mon Santa!!!

I luckily have most of the other good things in life....great husband, great family and friends, two kitties, and a wonderful gfforum.com

:):)

Yes...we cant forget those things...cuz without those...where would we be??

Well....I dont have a hubby....but I have all the other stuff. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

I'm pretty much done with my shopping. Adam realized weeks ago that I was only good for a short trip to the mall/stores, so he started having me meet him at his office for a shopping lunch back then. We'd go shopping for an hour or two. Today Morgan and I went out shopping for his gifts. I think I also heard that Santa was working on Adam's stocking today.

I just have a few things I need to buy for Morgan. I'm just sending my nieces and nephews money this year ... cop out, but I feel bad ... the out of town adults are getting a big box of candy to share (they're all in the same place). I didn't do cards this year.

I had my blood taken for the coinfections today. She had the seal break on the blood container -- TWICE! So the other nurse came in and took it from the other arm. HEINOUS!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I went out and bought a second vacuum cleaner for $40. Now instead of buying new filters, I just use the other vacuum cleaner to vacuum the filters.

Alison....I think you might be on to something!! I wonder if I could try this with my Dustbuster. :unsure:

CarlaB Enthusiast

I have an Orek upright with an anti-allergen bag -- the permanent bag is the one that traps the allergens, so you just get regular bags for inside. They're expensive, but I really like it. It comes with a second more portable vacuum, and a dust-buster, so you have all the vacuum cleaners you need with just one purchase! :lol: Expensive though.

Archived