Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Katie618

Greatest Place!

last week was a bad week- got contaminated some how and had an outbreak of DH(ish) on my face, chest, stomach, and back - was miserable for three/four days straight :( on sunday went into NYC with my family for a final fam day before i went back to college-- went into greenwich village to go to Risotteria and Puff&Pao. Risotteria was AMAZING!!!! soooo worth the trip!! the garlic breadsticks on the table are gluten-free!!! have an awesome menu -offers both regular and gluten-free risotto, pizzas, panninis, salads, desserts, and BEER!!!! :D three different types of gluten-free beer!! the food was soo delicious, bread actually tasted like real bread, not gluten-free!!!! i finally felt normal for once eating at a restaurant... it definately perked my spirits after a miserable week. and i met 2 other ppl who have celiac and one of them had DH- it was a great comfortable atmosphere

Puff&Pao was featured on celiacchicks.com -- brownies, cheese puffs, and macaroons- gluten free!!! and it's about a block or 2 from Risotteria

if you are close enough to NYC- go to Risotteria and Puff&Pao --- i can't wait to go back!!!

also check out www.glutenfreerestaurants.org it is very very helpful!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

So glad you enjoyed it. If I ever get to NY :D

Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"

"blood work show's a disease called celiac,

but it can't be that because it's rare!"

Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac

offering support, my

experience and advice

I can't wait until my next trip to NYC to visit friends but mainly to try that restaurant!! I'm jealous, my sister is going there today and I'll be getting a phone call right after her meal is over to get a full account of what she eats!

Also - thanks for that gluten free restaurant link!

Positive Bloodwork & Positive Endoscopy, Gluten Free since 8/29/06