Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ladybugpumpkin

My Enterolab Results Are In

Well...Here they are. Any insight would be appreciated!!! Thanks!

Gluten Sensitivity Stool and Gene Panel Complete *Best test/best value

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 17 (Normal Range

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 9 Units (Normal Range

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 87 Units (Normal Range

Fecal anti-casein (cow’s milk) IgA antibody 10 Units (Normal Range

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0602

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0602

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 6,6)

*AMB*

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You need to post more so I can see that cute dog more places. :D

Basically you are gluten and casein sensitive (or intolerant as I say). Gluten free and casein free for life. You are just over the line for casein which may make it tempting to not do it but I'm sure you'd feel better.

You have the dq1 subtype 6 which I think can lead to neurological symptoms the longer you are on gluten. I could be wrong but it seems like most of the people with dq1 have had neurological symptoms.

I have a thread I started with gluten, dairy and mostly soy free recipes (in the recipes section). I try to add to it occassionaly.

Please PM me if you have anything specific you are looking for.....or ask here if you'd like.

I'm gluten and soy intolerant and dairy free. I scored low allergic according to IgG but enterolab I was under the intolerant level...I think it was a 7. I'm assuming you would have been moderately allergic with a blood test for allergies. I was moderately allergic to gluten and soy per my IgG ELISA allergy test and tested 14 and 15 respectively with enterolab.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Looks like you have some answers finally!! You can see my Enterolab results below. You are sensitive, but your number is still low. That doesn't mean you are a little sensitive, you have to avoid it just like anyone, it means you caught it early, which is reflected by your good absorption score.

Go gluten-free and dairy free, and you'll feel much better.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06