Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KrisT

Appetizer Recipes

Help! I'm hosting a huge Grand Opening party for my new dance studio next week and I need some simple gluten-free appetizers that I can make up quickly and easily. I have very little time or money to devote to this, but would like to have a few finger foods along with some beer and wine for the guests.

Thanks in advance!

1994 implanted with saline filled breast impalnts

1995 began getting sick with multiple symptoms, syndromes, etc. spent the next 10 years chronically ill

2005 found out I had faulty saline breast implants and was internally poisoned

2005 had implants properly removed with immediate 80% recovery of most symptoms

6/2006 started gluten free diet when digestive problems were not healing, even after agressively fighting candidiasis

8/2006 Enterolab results Fecal Antigliadin IgA 12 (Normal Range <10 Units)

"There are a million right ways and only one wrong way. It is wrong to think that your way is the only right way!"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Help! I'm hosting a huge Grand Opening party for my new dance studio next week and I need some simple gluten-free appetizers that I can make up quickly and easily. I have very little time or money to devote to this, but would like to have a few finger foods along with some beer and wine for the guests.

Thanks in advance!

How about gluten free crackers with whipped avacado's spread on top? If you can have dairy you can add a little sour cream to it. If you can't, its nice all by itself. Add a little lemon juice and it will stay nice longer.

Add some gluten free sliced olive pieces, pimento or any other tasty little thing (even baby shrimp) that would make it look nice.

gluten-free Taco chips and gluten-free salsa are always nice.

If you want to spend a little more time at it...you can take a gluten-free tortilla and spread gluten-free refried beans on it and sprinkle cheese on it and roll it up tight. Then slice it into bite size pieces. Leave off the cheese if you can't have dairy. You can serve it with little tooth picks in each peace with a bowl of salsa.

You can serve a nice bowl of ice with shrimp lined up along the edges with a red seafood sauce in the middle.

Cut up cheeses, with a basket of mixed gluten-free crackers is nice too.

Cut up vegies with ranch dressing is also great. There are so many ideas....think of what you would love to eat at your favorite restaurant...just turn it into a gluten free item! We used to have a B&B and the most simplest of things impressed people if it was served in something unique! Have a great time!!!

Let me think of a few:

Cream Cheese with Pepper Jelly over, with crackers (gluten free other for guests)

Chunks of various cheese with grapes

Hot artichoke dip, with tortilla chips

Chopped artichoke, mayo, lemon juice and broiled

Veggie tray with Marie's Ranch Dressing

Hillshire Farms mini's in Sweet Baby Rays B'q sauce and add grape jelly in a crock pot, serve with toothpicks

Mexican dip..layer bean dip, guackp), taco sauce, sour cream, tomatoes, and top with cheese, server with chips.

All are easy and can be done ahead of time. Good luck on your opening. Wish you well with success :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I'm a fan of hummus and veggies. Cheese if you can do that one. Do you have time to make some muffins as a dessert? Put those out with some fruit maybe?

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Thanks for all the suggestions!

We tried Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce the other night on some chicken... YUMMY!!

1994 implanted with saline filled breast impalnts

1995 began getting sick with multiple symptoms, syndromes, etc. spent the next 10 years chronically ill

2005 found out I had faulty saline breast implants and was internally poisoned

2005 had implants properly removed with immediate 80% recovery of most symptoms

6/2006 started gluten free diet when digestive problems were not healing, even after agressively fighting candidiasis

8/2006 Enterolab results Fecal Antigliadin IgA 12 (Normal Range <10 Units)

"There are a million right ways and only one wrong way. It is wrong to think that your way is the only right way!"

This recipe is so easy and really yummy if you like feta and hummus!

1 pkg. (7 oz.) ATHENOS MEDITERRANEAN SPREADS Hummus

1/2 cup chopped tomato

1/4 cup chopped cucumber

1 pkg. (4 oz.) ATHENOS Traditional Feta Cheese, crumbled

2 Tbsp. sliced pitted ripe olives

5-Layer Mediterranean Dip

SPREAD hummus onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate.

COVER with layers of remaining ingredients.

Megan

Diagnosed Celiac in Feb 2004

Boston, MA