Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest AutumnE

Why Oh Why Did I Do That?

Guest AutumnE

I was making my daughter sugar cookies and its made with corn starch. I was careful and washed my hands thoroughly after and didnt eat any. Just my daughter and my husband did. I am feeling like I ate corn though. Ugh, it must have been the cornstarch in the air that I breathed in. My back hurts so badly now, I cant sit up straight and need to be on a heating pad.

Obviously I need to alter this recipe, what would you use for a replacement for cornstarch in a cookie recipe. It uses two cups.

Thanks so much :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am sorry you're feeling bad. I would replace the cornstarch with a mixture of tapioca and arrowroot flour. I think that would work well. You could also put some potato starch in. Experiment until it comes out right.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i mix, match, and combine potato, corn, and tapioca starches all the time.

Gluten-free, Vegan

Guest AutumnE

thanks so much :) Im feeling much better today. I took them to a christmas party and they went over really well today. Out of 3 dozen I didnt take one home.

I use potato starch, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, and cornstarch. I'll try some variances with it tomorrow morning. I want to make plenty. My daughter loved making them, it was her first year she really got the hang of it and is so excited to cut out the shapes and put sprinkles on them.

Thanks again for the tips!