This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

New Years Eve

Rusla

Mtndog Collaborator
I love New Year's Eve. We all (4 kids and hubby) go to my best friend's house for a "Bunco" party, more food that should be allowed in one house and other games after Bunco is finished. At midnight we shoot off fireworks and make toasts with sparkling cider. She invites other friends and relatives too, so there are at least 20 kids ages 2-20. It's all non-alcoholic so we can all drive home safely. We have so much fun that I can't imagine doing anything else.

That sounds awesome!

I love your quote Viola about saving the earth! Chocolate and wine are very noble, highly underestimated resources :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Here is the website of the place at Zion where one of the owners has celiac disease

Open Original Shared Link

Lisa Mentor

Count me in for the party....someone has to keep me awake while Jim is asleep in the chair. <_<

Viola 1 Rookie
Count me in for the party....someone has to keep me awake while Jim is asleep in the chair. <_<

:lol::lol: Mine will be watching hockey if he can find one anywhere on the TV universe.

Felidae Enthusiast
I don't know about the night, but I'm going skiing that day! :P

I love skiing and so I am very envious. Have fun out there.

Felidae Enthusiast
The gluten-free and I are going to Zion National Park. I reserved a Suite at a nice B&B up there. The cool thing is the proprieters have celiac disease, so outr breakfast will be gluten-free and delicious.

We plan on going hiking through Zion on New Years Day.

Can't wait!

I also love hiking, envious again.

Sounds like some great New Years are to be had.

jerseyangel Proficient

Mark will be snoring on the couch by 9:30! I guarantee it :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Congrats Angie!!! That is awesome!

Right now it's up in the air between a party at my friends house or sitting home with my husband enjoying one of the many bottles of champagne I aquired over the holidays.

The party would be fun but hubby doesn't want to go; and while I normally have no problem just normally going by myself, I don't really want to do that on New Year's Eve.

Mary Contrary Rookie

I am making a huge pizza from scratch using Pizza and French Bread mix from the Gluten Free Pantry...my H is great and just goes with the flow..eats whatever I fix, gluten free....he thinks it taste just fine..

and having a few drinks..Woohoo...and if we are lucky we might make it to 10 o'clock or so.. :P

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Mark will be snoring on the couch by 9:30! I guarantee it :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Insert the name Terry (hubby) for both of the above!!! :rolleyes:

flagbabyds Collaborator

i will be babysitting 3 girls who live down the street for double my usual rates ;)

Viola 1 Rookie
i will be babysitting 3 girls who live down the street for double my usual rates ;)

Yes, it's certainly time for babysitters to make extra cash! :lol: Good for you!

bluejeangirl Contributor

We'll be watching the Packers beat the Bears :P and eating a millet/flax crust pizza with maybe a grist beer. It may be Brett Favre's last game if he decides not to play next year. I'll be in bed by midnight I'm sure. I usually wake up early no matter what time I go to bed so I'll have to see if there's any New Years days sales in the mall.

Happy New Years if I don't pop on here which I'm thinking would be fun.

Gail

Lisa Mentor

Rusla:

What time is the party going to start. I need time to chill the Champ.

Lisa

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

John and I are planning on meeting some friends down in Harrisburg to watch the Strawberry drop, the last few years one of us worked the holiday and it was 2nd shift so we never got out. So those are our plans, nothing too extravagent.

Creative-Soul Newbie

Congratulations, Angie!

Rusla, I'll be home with four dogs and a cat for company, so I'll be toasting with you!

jesscarmel Enthusiast

Congrats Angie!!! that is so exciting!!!

Mtndog Collaborator
Rusla:

What time is the party going to start. I need time to chill the Champ.

Lisa

I have NO idea what this means, but I gotta tell ya.....it sounds naughty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess- You look so beautiful in your picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

Congrats Guhlia!!! I am spending my eve with my mom, dad, aunt,uncle, fiance and nana. We do the traditional Italian gross food spread. Hairy macaroni we call it, (anchovies in it blech) baklava (the cod stuff, in a salad, again blech) fried shrimp, (which i am obviously left out of) shrimp cocktail, garlic and butter shrimp, king crab legs, cold broccoli with lemon juice on it, manhatten clam chowder... does it seem like we are feeding the neighborhood? Italian families always overdo it, and we are no exception.

I am wishing everyone a happy and gluten free new year!!!!! ;)

Lisa Mentor
I have NO idea what this means, but I gotta tell ya.....it sounds naughty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess- You look so beautiful in your picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because, Miss Bev, you silly girl, I did not want to go through the two second effort to spell check Champagne. Christmas is over and I'm lazy...so cut me some slack jack. B)

I guess a good chilled Champ. would be good, but I would prefer a warm one. :P

happygirl Collaborator

The sad thing is...this is the first year that we have both had off...but whatever my other health issues are, we had decided to just stay home. We wanted to spend it with one of my best friend's in Philly, but we realized that the drinking (I can usually only tolerate a little amount, not like I used to in college!), and the not sleeping (huge party-so I wouldn't ever get to sleep), plus the travel to/from DC, plus the food issues, ....... yeah as much as we wanted to, we made the mature decision to stay home. I wouldn't be able to work for a week if I partied like a normal 25 year old :).

Good thing we didn't make plans. Because Pres. Ford passed away, hubby is is working today and tomorrow, covering the story (he works in TV news). So once he gets home, we'll have some champagne....maybe get him some gluten free beer (I don't like beer, but he wants something safe to drink (i.e., beer!) that he can drink and smooch me at the same time), and celebrate at home, and wish for a healthy and happy 2007.

broncobux---enjoy your trip! that sounds like SOOO much fun!!!!!!!!!!

Mtndog Collaborator
Because, Miss Bev, you silly girl, I did not want to go through the two second effort to spell check Champagne. Christmas is over and I'm lazy...so cut me some slack jack. B)

I guess a good chilled Champ. would be good, but I would prefer a warm one. :P

As Lynne would say, "Oh my how nice."

Chilling the champ sounds like frisking the wookie to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! warm or cold, it's SASSY! :P You cheeky monkey you!

Lisa Mentor

I know that you are newly married, but you can hang with the best of us....at least check in tomorrow night.

happygirl Collaborator

Lisa, girl, you know I'll be here :) Someone apparently has to keep you entertained while Jim is sleeping, right ;)

Do I hear him snoring already?

jerseyangel Proficient

Laura!! Now it's really going to be a party :D

Archived