Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anna Isabel

Embarrassing. . . Gas

Hello--I have been gluten free for almost a year, and have had great results and virtually no stomach problems, but all of a sudden I have embarrassing gas--I can't seem to relate it to any particular food--it will be gone for a week, and then randomly back again regardless of whether or not I eat dairy, etc. I eat lots of vegetables and nuts and legumes, and like to keep about half of my diet raw. . . does anyone else have this issue? did pro biotics or digestive enzymes help? Hoping to fix it before people start realizing its not my cat. . .

thanks guys.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi,

If you are eating legumes or grains (dried) you could try soaking them overnight before cooking and eating, this would make them more digestable. I think there is info about this on the weston a price website.

DId anything else change? Brand of what you are eating. DId you take antibiotics or something that could have upset your system? If this is the case maybe probiotics might help..

Sally

Hello--I have been gluten free for almost a year, and have had great results and virtually no stomach problems, but all of a sudden I have embarrassing gas--I can't seem to relate it to any particular food--it will be gone for a week, and then randomly back again regardless of whether or not I eat dairy, etc. I eat lots of vegetables and nuts and legumes, and like to keep about half of my diet raw. . . does anyone else have this issue? did pro biotics or digestive enzymes help? Hoping to fix it before people start realizing its not my cat. . .

thanks guys.

Sally

Aussie living in Philippines, Manager, Triathlete, Mum to 2 dogs, 2 cats & fish

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hypothyroid, diag. 2000, desicated thryoid 3 grains + T4 50 mcg.

Pituitary adenoma, 2002 - no treatment (no followup yet)

Polycystic, 2000 - no treatment

IBD by biopsy - end 2006 (cause not investigated)

Suspected Gluten intolerant/celiac - not diagnosed

Gluten Free - start Dec 06 (big improvement in tummy troubles, though still not 100%..)

Allergies suspected to Rice, Mango, Chicken, some fish (though testing)... still trying to work it all out.

do you take digestive enzymes? a diet rich in high fiber vegetables is going to make you gassy, but you can try to make sure that you eat the foods that digest easier, first, then eat the foods that take longer to digest. That way you don't have quick digesting food sitting on top of slow digesting food in your gut.

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    luvbaggio
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)