Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

littledogs

Seeking Info/advice

Hello-I am new to this forum-I have just started an elimination diet of gluten products after having acid reflux for the past 6 months with no improvement from traditional meds. I am seeing a new DR and it appears my diet may be the root cause. Do any of you know of acid reflux bing a symptom of gluten intolerance/allergy? How long does the eliminstion of gluten need to go on before improvement?

Thanks for any info!

kelli

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I admire your tenacity but apparently unless you get tested before going gluten free you won't know if that's the true cause. I had petic ulcers five years ago and they totally missed the Celiac. If you Dr won't refer you for the blood test it might be time to change Docs. Hope you feel better soon!

I admire your tenacity but apparently unless you get tested before going gluten free you won't know if that's the true cause. I had petic ulcers five years ago and they totally missed the Celiac. If you Dr won't refer you for the blood test it might be time to change Docs. Hope you feel better soon!

Hi....I am starting it on my own, but have my Dr's support, in fact, she was the one who suggested an allergy as a possible reason why my reflux/throat burning has not responded to prilosec etc. I was positive for several food allergies about 3 years ago, but was never tested for gluten, so I am giving it a try to see if it helpd my symptoms-thanks for your reply, I appreciate it~