Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello everyone.

I finally received the results from Entero Labs here they are:

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 63 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 71 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 421 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow

Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with you every where you go.

Jos 1:9

I can do all things thru Christ which strengtheneth me.

Phi 4:13

Blood Test: Negative 03/2006

Biopsy Negative 04/2006

Stopped gluten-free diet 04/2006

EnteroLabs: Positive 04/2007

Fecal Antigliadin IgA "Positive"

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA "Positive"

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score "Positive"

Fecal anti-casein (cow

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Congrats at finally getting your test results in! I would definitely test your daughters, as well as your siblings and parents, because the gene came from somewhere and can affect them. It is better to know than to be in the dark.

Symptoms on and off my whole life

Major symptoms starting 2005

Zero blood antibodies

Gluten free with positive dietary response since April 2007

Guest j_mommy

It's a relief to finally know, isn't it!!! I was Dx'd 4-1 and have a biopsy on 5/15 and then can start the gluten free diet...thank the lord b/c now that I know what makes me sick...it's hard to eat it! But as far as the kids go...

As soon as I got my blood work back I had my son tested....he's 2.5 and hasn't shown symptoms but from what i hear not all people do. I wasn't worries so much for myself but for him. He's neg now but I have to have him tested every 2 years. I'm thinking baout getting the gene test done on him to find out if he has the gene or not....that way we wouldn't have to poke him unless necesary! I know I get this from my Dad's side and my sib;ings are being tested as we speak. Better to know early! I would get your kids tested...better safe than sorry. I thank God everyday that I found out about this at 24 and can start treating it now and hopefully ward of some other issues! Good Luck!

Nearly everyone in the US has gluten intolerance or celiac genes (only exception, some of Asian heritage). One-third have the celiac genes. Obviously more is involved in having a problem than simply having these genes.

If it were me, I would test when there are symptoms. That is the way my kids have decided to handle it (they are old enough so it is up to them, not me).

Of course, there is no harm to testing everyone periodically, except to your bank account :lol:

McDougall diet (low fat vegan) since 6/00

Gluten free since 1/6/07

Soy free and completely casein and egg free since 2/15/07

Yeast free, on and off, since 3/1/07 -- I can't notice any difference one way or the other

Enterolab results -- 2/15/07

Fecal Antigliladin IgA 140 (Normal Range <10 units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 50 (Normal Range <10 units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 517 (Normal Range <300 units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 127 (Normal Range <10 units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 06xx

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (subtype 5,6)

Fecal anti-ovalbumin (chicken egg) IgA antibody 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae (dietary yeast) IgA 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 119 (Normal Range < 10 units)

Pedro, congratulations on finally knowing. Obviously you have intestinal damage, because you have malabsorption.

I would definitely test the children as well. It is much better to test BEFORE there are obvious symptoms. A lot of people find that when they eliminate gluten, symptoms that weren't recognized as such go away.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------