Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

little d

Update On My Fractured Foot Still Healing Don't Know If I Should Be Really Concerned Or Not

Hello all

Yes I went to my appointment today for my fractured foot which I broke on March 20th, I still have to ware my boot :angry: It is still healing very slowly, he said that he is trying to avoid surgery because my foot is small size 5 and that pins would just brake anyway. Well Im ok with that because I don't want or need to be out of work for a long period of time. I told him about my possible celiac disease and the bone density test that I would like to have and yes he didn't think that I need that right now but I told him that I was in the process of tring to get diagnosed and he said he knew what celiac disease was and started to tell me that he knew what it was and said that he didn't want or think that is was too early for me to start taking Flosomax or whatever drug he was talking about, I said I wasnt looking for drugs I just wanted to see if I had any early signs so I could do something about it without the drugs and then he understood why I am trying to get the scan. I did tell him that i was impressed that he knew something about celiac disease. so annother 6 weeks in the boot but no restrictions I glad, other than to still ware the bone growth stimulator which I have not had enough time with, hopefully there will be some improvment the next visit

Donna

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 21 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):