Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wowzer

Can Cross Contamination Do This?

I had a miserable sleeping night last night. Reminds me of before going gluten free. I've been careful with eating, shampoo, soap, medication, etc. This past week, I was at many family gatherings eating of course. I'm sure that I must have been glutened, the reaction was what I went through many times before I went gluten free. My whole body was on fire along with the tingly legs. I am sure that I got CC from all the family gatherings. I tried to be so careful, but I'm sure my family wasn't. I will just have to not worry what they think. I always brought a nice gluten free salad. I should have stuck with that.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It doesn't take much to make you feel bad. How many times have I kicked myself saying "why did I let my guard down?" Live and learn I guess.

Guest j_mommy

That seems to be the hardest!!! You don't want to offend anyone or make more work by asking what's in everything. Family gatherings are worse for CC than restuarnts...atleast for me!!!

I hope you feel better soon! i guess we just have to learn to be more outward with it! :D

You are right that family gatherings seems to be worse than eating out. I've had much better success there. Of course tomorrow I have a graduation party. I'm going there on a full stomach. I've had over a week of family gatherings and I think it just all caught up with me last night. I did a stupid thing at work this week too now that I think of it. I have the lovely job of putting out coffee and cookies every morning. I always wash my hands after and got side tracked and didn't, so I'm sure that didn't help either. Grrrrr

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Chances are if you have lumps on your body for years and the Dr. isn't concerned they're probably not lymph nodes. Chronically swollen lymph nodes would be something every Dr. would be concerned with.  Chances are you just have cysts ...
    It's different  for everyone, it can be a month or maybe a year. Most probably within a few months. This is assuming the symptoms are in fact related to gluten, which they may not be. 
    Hi Laura I'm so pleased you found answers.  This is very encouraging.  Seven years on from my own diagnosis I wish I could have some vitamin and mineral screening, I'm sure I'm still deficient. Cristiana