Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mamamia22

1st Birthday Cake Help!

So my baby girl is turning one in January, but I am on the search now for a gluten free yellow cake recipe. I am starting early because I have found that it takes some trials and errors sometimes with gluten free baking. Anyway, I have seen recipes online, but I do not want to use potato starch, mayonaise, cornstarch, or rice flour (some of the ingredients I saw). I would prefer to use sorghum, arrowroot, coconut, or a mixture of like for the flour. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You could try the allrecipes Gluten Free Yellow Cake and use the flours in combo the way you want.

I would use maybe sour cream instead of mayo? Also, you could use yogurt - just choose a full fat one.

I have found this recipe to be EXTREMELY forgiving. I've even used splenda instead of most of the sugar (used like 3 tsp for rising)...I've subbed sour cream, yogurt, used soy milk, etc. and it's always turned out really yummy.

The only thing I have not tried is an egg substitute. But have been told it works fine.

I hope this helps.

(I'd use a flour mix of sorghum, coconut and arrowroot to replace all the flours in the recipe).

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter