Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FootballFanatic

Do We Need To Worry About Perfume Or Cologne?

I aven't looked at the ingredients but I did get the aftermath of my boyfriends cologne in my mouth and I was thinking I hope this doesn't have gluten in it.

Any thoughts?

10-06 Diagnosed Urinary Tract Infection (Allergic to Cipro, Bactrim, Macrobid, Doxycycline, Monocycline, Penicillin) - This UTI is still present with no symptoms.

10-06 Diagnosed "Acid Reflux" (Nexium didn't work)

12-06 Endoscopy diagnosed Gastritis (Negative Bioposy)

12-06 Negative bloodwork for Celiac Disease, Diagnosed "Gastroparesis" - Started Zelnorm

1-07 Diagnosed "IBS-C" - Still taking Zelnorm

3-07 HIDA scan to check gallbladder which was fully functional.

3-07 Zelnorm taken off market, started Domperidone

4-21-07 Emergency Appendectomy (FUUUNN!)

7-24-07 Enterolab results came back positive

Gluten Free since that night....

...Still not feeling great.

"Don't expect constant success, but strive for constant growth."

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That is something else that you have to watch. I saw a list somewhere, but recall where at the moment. I did check some at the time. I seem to remember Clinique was OK for some reason.

Join eNewsletter

I can't imagine why.........I wear tons of scents, in all forms, and have never had a problem with this.

[ <----- and on a related note - look at my girl - they're fragrance models on ebay now! ha ha] :lol:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Join eNewsletter

I can't imagine why.........I wear tons of scents, in all forms, and have never had a problem with this.

[ <----- and on a related note - look at my girl - they're fragrance models on ebay now! ha ha] :lol:

Ever spray one in your mouth?

FootballFanatic, I'd just check the ingredients.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Join eNewsletter

I would check them to be on the safe side but I get around this issue by spraying after I am dressed and only on my clothing. I then wash my hands well and I have never had an issue doing this and I am extremely sensitive.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Well, I don't think any of the bottles that I use list ingredients....but I do love my perfume.

When I look for ingredients what should I be looking for...I'm assuming it's not going to say "WHEAT"

10-06 Diagnosed Urinary Tract Infection (Allergic to Cipro, Bactrim, Macrobid, Doxycycline, Monocycline, Penicillin) - This UTI is still present with no symptoms.

10-06 Diagnosed "Acid Reflux" (Nexium didn't work)

12-06 Endoscopy diagnosed Gastritis (Negative Bioposy)

12-06 Negative bloodwork for Celiac Disease, Diagnosed "Gastroparesis" - Started Zelnorm

1-07 Diagnosed "IBS-C" - Still taking Zelnorm

3-07 HIDA scan to check gallbladder which was fully functional.

3-07 Zelnorm taken off market, started Domperidone

4-21-07 Emergency Appendectomy (FUUUNN!)

7-24-07 Enterolab results came back positive

Gluten Free since that night....

...Still not feeling great.

"Don't expect constant success, but strive for constant growth."

Join eNewsletter

Ingredients aren't listed on perfumes, EDT's, EDP's, colognes, etc. Depending on price....they are distilled fragrances and essences in a medium of alcohol or oil, or a mix.......cheaper ones will use artificial ingredients. I've used both - all ranges - I am OBSESSED with fragrance! Never had a problem with any of it.....NEVER sprayed it in my mouth, either. ;) I spray it on clothing, dab it on pulse points, it's never been a problem. I use the lotions, shower gels, you name it....no problems.

Just try it and see, and keep it away from your mouth! But a rule here....the more expensive fragrances - I just don't see how gluten could even BE in the liquid (EDP, EDT, cologne spray, etc) forms........

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Join eNewsletter

I got an answer from Olay which suggested that if gluten were to be in one of their products (and it's not stated on the label in the ingredients) then it could be in the fragrance. (I had them on the phone last week about their Quencher body lotion). The rep said to use a fragrance free product as gluten could be in trace amounts in the fragrance and they can't rule that out.

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter