Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoriC

Hives Now

i was diagnosed with DH in August, was put on a gluten-free diet and dapsone..My DH has cleared up pretty good since then. I stopped the dapsone a couple weeks ago..I do not like the effects i get from it. I still did pretty good keeping the rash under control with my diet. Thursday night I got a salad from Arbys..grilled chicken, Friday morning early,3 am, I woke up itching like crazy..from the bottom of my feet, to the top of my head, i had huge HIVES all over me. I know i could take benedryl for the itching, BUT i can't take it during the day, it makes me to sleepy and loopy.

Has anyone else gotten hives due to being glutened? The salad is the only thing i can think of that i ate different, i haven't changed any products, like detergents or shampoos, and i'm thinking if it was something i came in contact with, the hives would have been gone by now, i think its internal like a food allergy.

PLUS, is benedryl ok to take? I never thought of it having gluten in it, i read it, didn't see anything i recognized. Thanks for any help, Lori

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I take Benadryl Allergy tabs at night for restless leg without issues.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Thursday night I got a salad from Arbys..grilled chicken,

I get my salads without the meat ;)

My grammie used to make a paste of water and baking soda for my hives/itchy skin/chicken pox it does seem to cool off the itch, the down side is you are covered in a white paste and people tend to look at you funny :huh:

Just my .00000002 cents worth

If I knew what I was doing years ago I would have half a clue today!