Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elefky

Pizza

I found a website called stillridingpizza.com. They make a gluten fee rust that they supply to restaurants. They give the restaurant some special equipment and instructions to avoid cross contamination and the restaurants use their own toppings. There is a small list on the site of restaurants in NJ, NY, Conn, and Texas. I'm going to try to get to the one in Manhasset this weekend, Villa Milano on Plandome Rd. I have had such a yen for pizza lately. I'll give you a report when I try it. Meanwhile, has anyone else tried it?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I found a website called stillridingpizza.com. They make a gluten fee rust that they supply to restaurants. They give the restaurant some special equipment and instructions to avoid cross contamination and the restaurants use their own toppings. There is a small list on the site of restaurants in NJ, NY, Conn, and Texas. I'm going to try to get to the one in Manhasset this weekend, Villa Milano on Plandome Rd. I have had such a yen for pizza lately. I'll give you a report when I try it. Meanwhile, has anyone else tried it?

OK I went Saturday night. It was pretty good. Thin crust, crisp. About 10" pie. My non gluten-free husband tasted it and said it was not bad. I had about 2/3 of it there, took the rest home and put it right into the freezer. I brought the leftovers to work today and heated it in the toaster oven. Came out better than I expected. Villa Milano is a pizzeria with a dining room in the back. Reservations are needed for the dining room, but they don't serve pizza or sandwiches in the back anyway. So the front section was fine for us. I will go back.

I must mention though that I did not confirm with them that they follow the instructions from "still riding pizza" regarding the use of the special equipment to avoid CC. I have Dermatitis Herpetiformis, no gut problems, and my reactions are usually not timely enough to track to specific incidents. So far, from Saturday night to Monday afternoon, no reaction.