Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

Aghhhhhh! Gas Prices

When I started driving gas was 89 cents a gallon....that was only 10 yrs ago.

Amanda, I remember that, too! :lol: I started driving about 13 years ago, and it was about 88, 89 cents. So that's an increase of what, 250% or something? Insane.

It now costs me 65-70 bucks a week just to get my kids to school and back home, and do my shopping (which I always do very efficiently.)

NC has the highest state gas tax in our region- 2-3 times what the surrounding states are.

What gets me is that, of course it's not just increased spending at the gas pump, but groceries also go up because of increased shipping costs, etc. And of course, there's people trying to heat their old houses with gas...

Gas and groceries go up in leaps and bounds, but our paychecks can't keep up with it. Something ends of getting cut somewhere...

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

Right now in Lahaina (on Maui) it's about $3.98 (plus taxes). I'm headed home now (outside of Salem, Oregon) where it's about $3.30.

I WISH we could take public transit!! Since we live in a small town, there isn't anything. And DH works 14 miles away!! He does carpool home from work though. That helps.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter