Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmengert

Still Sick--any Ideas Why?

I'm at my wits' end now, so I'm hoping that someone is able to shed some light onto my situation--I'm calling the GI tomorrow, but I always have to wait nearly 3-4 weeks to see him, and I always feel like I get better information here anyway :)

I was diagnosed via blood tests in Nov., with my results high on all levels. I left town for a month, so I wasn't able to have the endoscopy, and when I went for my follow up they decided the endoscopy was unnecessary because I seemed to be improving on the gluten-free diet. Barring occasional nausea/diarrhea episodes, I felt a lot better after going gluten-free. Now, for the past 3 weeks to a month I've been sick all over again--the same exact symptoms as before when I was diagnosed--awful nausea and diarrhea literally every day for 3 weeks.

I'm positive I'm gluten-free--even my make-up, shampoo, lotions, you name it, everything is gluten-free, and I'm extremely careful about it, and I never eat out anymore.

Thus, any ideas? I seemed to improve on the gluten-free diet, but now I'm so sick again, and it's really making me depressed and it's hard to function.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone has!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It may take a while longer before you feel better. It took a lifetime to get sick so getting better won't happen overnight. I started feeling better after 3 months but it was a good year before I felt truly healthy. Double check again to see if you aren't getting gluten. Maybe you are also reacting to some other food.

I have an order for more blood tests, so I'm going to have that done tomorrow (though I highly doubt I'm still getting gluten because I'm so paranoid about it). I was okay with taking awhile to feel better, but I think it's odd to get better and then rebound as horribly as I have. I'm also wondering, then, if it's a food allergy that's popped up, so I'm going to make an appointment with an allergist, too, to see what I can find out there. It's just weird that the symptoms are exactly the same as before going gluten-free--darn this nausea!!!