felsar

Help....a Little Confused.

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can please tell me if I need to be worried about these blood test results. Last week I went to the doctor because I was feeling extremely tired and run down. After running some blood tests it turned out I had caught glandular fever in the last 1 to 3 months. He also threw in a celiac test and said I had a weak positive and that it was really nothing to worry about. Now I cant stop thinking about it because celiac has never crossed my mind before. It would explain why I have had diarrhea for the last few months (I thought maybe this was just part of glandular fever).

These are my blood test results:

Anti Gliadin IgA <5 U/ml (0-19)

Anti Gliadin IgG <5 U/ml (0-19)

Anti Tissue Transglutaminase IgA 34 Um/L (0-11)

Do I need to do any more tests/diet changes with these results or do I just leave it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for listening.

The tissue transglutaminase test is the most important celiac test, and it does mean something! I mean, what does the doctor want? a result in the 100's?

The antigliadin test was known to only pick up at most 60% of celiacs and many labs have abandoned it.

How would he explain such a result as yours, which I consider not "weak", How high a number does he need in order to react?

If you read around , there are a few other things that could cause a positive ttg, like tropical sprue and some other things.

I do not remember anyone here posting about false positive ttg tests.

nora