AlexJ72

Cleaning To Remove Gluten/ice Cream

Rate this topic

I have a favorite ice cream place and I recently spoke with the manager. He said their ice cream is all gluten free, however, they use the ice cream maker to make pastry cream which has flour in it. He said it is thoroughly cleaned before they make ice cream. Would you guys trust something like this?

If you are pretty sensitive, it might not be worth the risk. Myself, I'd probably pass, because at this point, I'm kinda paranoid.

What does sensitivity even mean? The bottom line is gluten can cause damage even if you dont experience any symptoms, right?

What does sensitivity even mean? The bottom line is gluten can cause damage even if you dont experience any symptoms, right?

Good question. I hear comments like "A tiny amount of gluten doesn't affect me". I have no symptoms, yet my doctor told me to avoid any amount of gluten. If my symptoms (or lack thereof) are unrelated to the potential damage to my intestines, is it not dangerous to assume anybody can tell they are not being harmed by gluten just because they do not experience symptoms?

DougE