MindytheOrganist

Anyone Ever Tried This - Cheesecake

Rate this topic

Got a box of no-bake cheesecake mix, threw out the crust packet, made the cheesecake and put it in a baking dish to set in the fridge. Served it with the strawberry topping. We did not miss the crust at all.

Got a box of no-bake cheesecake mix, threw out the crust packet, made the cheesecake and put it in a baking dish to set in the fridge. Served it with the strawberry topping. We did not miss the crust at all.

Y'know, you can whip 2 packs of cream cheese with one cup powdered sugar, then whip one pint whip cream to stiff peaks and mix together. Voila, no bake cheesecake. Next time I make it, I'm crushing some gluten-free 'oreos' and mixing them in the batter with mint extract, then putting in big chunks of cookie once it's mixed, it'll taste jut like mint chocolate cookie ice cream.... My other next experiment will be to try whipping the cream cheese with agave, try and cut down on the sugar.

Y'know, you can whip 2 packs of cream cheese with one cup powdered sugar, then whip one pint whip cream to stiff peaks and mix together. Voila, no bake cheesecake. Next time I make it, I'm crushing some gluten-free 'oreos' and mixing them in the batter with mint extract, then putting in big chunks of cookie once it's mixed, it'll taste jut like mint chocolate cookie ice cream.... My other next experiment will be to try whipping the cream cheese with agave, try and cut down on the sugar.

I've just made the crust out of gluten free graham cracker crumbs, using the directions on the cheesecake package (usually with less butter, as the gluten-free crumbs seem to soak it up more than regular crumbs). Then, because I'm the only gluten-free in my house, I freeze the pieces, then seal them with the vacuum packer. They last for months!

I usually make the crust out of a combination of ground pumpkin seeds, ground almonds some brown sugar a little rice flour and butter. I bake it first so when I smooth the cheesecake mixture over it it doesn't crumble the crust. When I make pumpkin cheesecake once a year I use mostly ground pumpkin seeds; it's an excellent compliment to the pumpkin filling. But you could probably use any ground nut or seed you wanted in the crust. Mmmmm hazelnut . . . I'll have to try that next.